Emergency Q!

<p>My dilema:
I submitted my UC application last night, when I printed out my receipt and showed it to my counsellor, she found a few errors! So… what can I do. One of the errors is in the 12th grade math section. I put Algebra II (I took that 11th grade), instead of Precal. Another mistake is that I put PE AND digital video as college prep electives. WHAT CAN I DO???
*I called admissions and they said that I can write a letter explaining the problem (any ideas for this is very helpful).
*The biggest thing that is worrying me at this point is that there is an error comment on the receipt… It says this:
“You have confirmed tht the following coursework was reported as you intended:
MISSING SUBJECT AREA MINIMUMS
MISSING COURSEWORK IN GRADE LEVEL”</p>

<p>*Admissions says that the comments mean that I dont meet the requirements, but I know that I have (earlier today me and my counsellor checked) Do I have to do anything by the Friday deadline???</p>

<p>LASTLY!!
If I write this letter, will it effect my admission chances? Will any of this?
Thank you so much
PLEASE HELP
-WF909</p>

<p>I would send in the correction. At this point I wouldn't worry about what ifs/chances. If you dont' send in the correction, you don't meet the minimum, you may not have any chances.</p>

<p>I just got of the phone with another admissions operator, and he said that since my application has not even been prossessed yet, that I shouldnt send any letters. I should wait 3-4 weeks and when UC sends me verification letter, I then correct changes. I guess that makes sense. =) So, I hope that this problem wont effect my chanses. I'm sure this happend to many people. ALSO! 99cents, thanks for your help.
**ANY OTHER COMMENTS?</p>

<p>Good idea. Follow their process to submit change. I'm sure a lot of students hit send too quickly.</p>

<p>thanks a lot</p>

<p>I submitted my application in the second day of the filing period opening (November 2). Last Monday, I received a confirmation letter in the mail from the UCs saying that the three campuses I had applied to have got my applications on the 16th, two weeks after I submitted the application. I am now able to update my information on the UC Status Page and gain online access to it. Thus, I'm sure you can change it there, otherwise send the campuses your updates in writing.</p>

<p>Don’t worry about the non “a-g” courses; we will remove them during the evaluation of your application. I would be sure to update the campuses with the pre-calculus course as soon as you can. Each campus will have a different update procedure, be sure to contact each campus you applied to.</p>

<p>UCD Admissions:
Regarding the pre-calculus course... I was told not to send any letters to the campuses until I get a confirmation/verification lettr in 4-6 weeks. Is this correct? Because you just said that I should contact the individual schools ASAP.. I am confused.
ALSO: please refer to my previous Q below:</p>

<p>The biggest thing that is worrying me at this point is that there is an error comment on the receipt.. It says this:
"You have confirmed tht the following coursework was reported as you intended:
MISSING SUBJECT AREA MINIMUMS
MISSING COURSEWORK IN GRADE LEVEL"
*Admissions says that the comments mean that I dont meet the requirements, but I know that I have (earlier today me and my counsellor checked) Do I have to do anything by the Friday deadline???</p>

<p>Please update the campuses as soon as you can. For UC Davis, you can’t update us until you have access to the MyAdmissions site. If the campuses tell you to update them today, of course do it today or as early as they let you.</p>

<p>In regards to the missing coursework, I can only assume that the application didn’t recognize some of your courses as the UC approved courses, or you validated the requirement by exams or higher level courses. Sometimes the application doesn’t give you credit for these courses. Please have your counselor look over the printed copy of your application to see if they notice any missing courses if you haven’t already. You might consider giving the application central processing center a call if you still have a concern.</p>

<p>UCD ADMISSIONS:
Thank you for all your help!
My counsellor and I have reviewed my printed application, we did not notice anything wrong other thatn the Alg II/Pre-Cal mistake (I will fix that when I have access to the MyAdmissions site), we cant figure out why the comments are listed. We did cal UCR (the school closest to my city), and they said noone can do anything (even look at my application) for another 4 weeks or so. So, I guess I am going to have to wait... I am under the impression that nothing else has to be turned in by tomorow (to fix any mistakes/problems)... So all I have to do is wait.
*Again I appreciate you help and look forward from hearing back from you soon.
-WF909</p>