Emerging Scholars Spring?

<p>I was accepted into the Emerging Scholars program; however, I am unable to participate in the fall semester due to Million Dollar Band. I attempted to contact Dr. Webb about starting in spring but did not receive a response. </p>

<p>Am I allowed to start in the spring semester? If so, who will I need to contact?</p>

<p>You will be allowed to start in the spring if you want, but the fall term of Emerging Scholars is not too demanding. Son started ES in the fall semester last year along with Million Dollar Band and had no issues. It is actually more time consuming second semester when you are in research. If you start ES in the spring you will be doing your research next fall along with the MDB.</p>

<p>If you still want to switch Dr. Webb or her assistant are the people to contact.</p>

<p>Thanks, that’s a good point. Do you remember how they accommodated him? ES meetings and MDB practices are at the same time. As of now I’m not even allowed to add ES to my schedule due to that conflict.</p>

<p>Unless things have changed ES only meets once a week. MDB allows you to miss one practice per week as long as it is for class, so it worked out for him.</p>

<p>If you are in a different section of the band I guess it could be different, he was in the trumpet section.</p>