Emerson Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Emerson Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 17

1 Like

Does anyone know when the next admitted student day is at Emerson?

I think you have to log in on your portal. It’s picture yourself at Emerson. There are no dates on their website, only on the student’s portal for that kind of event. Perhaps the date will be given after regular decision.

1 Like

April 1st. Not sure registration has opened up yet, but the date was announced in the Emerson parent’s group on FB.

2 Likes

Anyone knows when Emerson is going to announce their decisions for RD’s applicants?
Thanks!

03/15 I think.

2 Likes

Do you have any idea what time?
Thanks!

It should be 4:00pm east coast. But this is only presumptions.

1 Like

Thank you.

6 Likes

Did anyone attend the admitted student day on April 1st? We were not able to attend but will be visiting next week. I would love to hear what people thought and any advice on our visit.

1 Like

We did. Except for the rain in the morning, we loved it. It was very well organized. They separated the students from the families after the opening session. The second morning session was a Q&A with the child’s major and the afternoon were tours of the dorm and facilities. At lunch, we were able to talk to the other parents which was great to share our thoughts. We were also able to schedule a one-on-one with financial aid which was very helpful.

D was accepted for Media Arts Production. I asked for directions from a student who happened to be a junior in the same major and she wound up giving us a tour of all the filmmaking facilities and sharing her firsthand experience. I wanted to give her a Starbucks gift card at the end to thank her (I didn’t have one) so I slipped her a $20 to buy herself dinner and she seemed really appreciative.

We bought D a sweatshirt (her first one after touring a dozen+ colleges the last year) and it’s her top choice right now.

We stayed at the downtown Marriott two blocks away. It was ok except the valet was awful. Didn’t help with our bags when we checked in and waited over a half hour to get our car when we left. We purposely stayed there because my D had her last high school theater production that night and I wanted to be able to leave quickly when the program ended. Otherwise, great location. The theater district around the school is cool and we walked just 15 minutes to Faneuil Hall for dinner.

3 Likes