Emerson College Waitlist

<p>My child just found out from Emerson that they are NOT TAKING ANYONE from their incoming freshmen waitlist. Why it took till mid-June for them to make this decision, one cannot imagine. It really put us in a spot because her safety school was asking for more and more $$ towards tuition and housing (all of it NON refundable) so we were increasingly at financial risk while waiting for Emerson to make up their mind. </p>

<p>Supposedly, letters to this effect are going out by June 10th.</p>

<p>Well, I will refresh this old thread by adding my D's name to the waitlist for this year. I don't know if that means she is waitlisted for the program, or just the school. I will call them tomrrow to find out. It's possible to be waitlisted for admissions, and declined by the program isn't it?</p>

<p>You found out already? I thought letters don't go out until Saturday.</p>

<p>A letter came today, and it was fat, and I got all excited waiting for her to come home. But alas, waitlisted. Honestly though, it was her first audition, and she tanked on it, so we didn't have high hopes.</p>

<p>Count me in for the wait list too. Hopefully we will find out before June!</p>

<p>sorry you guys were waitlisted! Im in the same situation, kind of. I was denied admission for first semseted but offered admission for 2nd semester (jan2007)</p>

<p>Am I the only one who hasn't heard from Emerson yet?</p>

<p>Nope, my D is still waiting to hear too. But we're in Montana and evidently the mail service has gone back to the Pony Express days (at least it seems that way to her).</p>

<p>My Friend Lee got in, we go to Idyllwild Arts Academy, and they said they sent my letter out friday, and that it had already reached California. The crappy thing is they sent it to my parents old adress instead of school so it will take two extra days to forward, How are they sending letters ou, all together? All I've heard is waitlist and one acceptance?</p>

<p>There's been a lot of acceptances if you check the thread. </p>

<p>And now it turns out that even if I do get in (I still haven't gotten my letter) I won't be able to go because I didn't get into the honors program, and I needed that scholarship. I'm bummed, but it will make the possible letdown about mt easier.</p>

<p>Hi everyone! I got excepted! Im really excited! Woo!
-Tyler</p>

<p>Still no letter...</p>

<p>It finally came. I didn't get in.</p>

<p>sorry to hear that, when did they send your letter out? whats it say on the envelope, cause my freind still ahsn't gotten hers</p>

<p>March 29. She should call the school, because when I called yesterday, they said everyone would have their letters by today.</p>

<p>Got my letter from Emerson MT department!!!!! I'm In.. but no mention of scholarship. Does this mean there is none or will that letter be later? does anyone know? Surely, a school that expensive give some talent awards.</p>

<p>I got waitlisted for Emerson. Does this mean that I got waitlisted for the school or waitlisted for the program...or both? Im confused. I really want to go here!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>Does anyone knwo if they are taking people fromt he waitlist this eyar. I knwo they didnt take any last year...but the year before that they took 94! so...i dunno.</p>

<p>im sur eit is differnt for thsoe who want ot be in the Musical Theater Major right?</p>

<p>Does anyone knwo anything or have an advice?</p>

<p>The letter my D got was specific that the two acceptances are different from one another, and that if she got off the waitlist they would check with the MT department and review her audition results. My understanding is that the waitlist is for the school, and you have no way of knowing if you would get into the MT program if you get off the waitlist. It did not sound promising to my daughter. Read all the pages of the letter you got to gain a better understanding.</p>

<p>For anyone else still waiting on Emerson, I called a while ago and was told that if you are wait listed and you get in, it is for MT, not just general studies. Hope this helps.</p>

<p>Thank you Benjygil for your post. My d has also been wait listed and we would sure like to know the outcome soon so that we may finalize our plans with another program- if she's not accepted.</p>