Emerson EA 2024

Hi all! I haven’t seen any recent threads for Emerson, so I’m making one!
I applied early for the writing and publishing major!

I applied early for Poli Com!!!

I applied early for creative writing!!

Just applied for film art!!

On your application portals, do you guys have “Early Action” under “Your Current Admission Plan”? That area is just blank for me.

It says Emerson didn’t receive my FAFSA yet, but I submitted my FAFSA early this month? Did anyone else have this problem?

Mine says Early Action. I think they took the information from CommonApp, but email admissions about that.

Mine says that too, but it also has a note saying that they are undergoing changes to their portal and can’t update that part. It says if you got the FAFSA confirmation email you’re all set! @lydiaxaga

@lydiaxaga @OneTimeAngel Wow – I checked this forum out just to ask about the FAFSA because my D’s portal indicates the CSS has been received but the FAFSA hasn’t. Glad to know it’s not just us!

I have the same problem. I just thought my mom forgot to put Emerson on my FAFSA. Thank goodness I’m not the only one. Other than that I’m applying for the BFA in Media Arts Production for film.

@izrk02 @Loganator emerson received my fafsa on tuesday the 12th, but I didn’t check until today, so I’m pretty sure most people who did it on time should have had emerson receive their fafsa by today or the past two days

I applied early for Poli Comm!! & I had the same problem with my financial aid docs not showing up in the portal so I emailed the financial aid office and they said as long as you included Emerson on both FAFSA and the CSS, you should be fine :))

Do you guys know when EA Decisions come out for sure? I assumed December 13th because it usually comes out on a Friday like previous years and it said mid December online, so I assumed it’d be the 13th this year.

Last year it was Friday 14th, so this year it will probably be Friday 13th.

Hey everyone!! I applied EA as a journalism major. I was wondering if anyone knows what the deadlines are when your FAFSA is selected for verification?? Mine was and they want a lot of documents. I know some schools want until they’ve accepted you to require that those forms get submitted but I’m not sure if Emerson falls in that category, if anyone else is having the same problem let me know!!

@kmcc19 I’m honestly not too sure, but if I would email the admissions office and they usually respond in detail and quickly. I guess if you email them about your circumstance and get your FAFSA in before the decision date you’ll be fine, but again I’m not too sure. I hope your problem gets solved! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the input!! I’ve read a whole slew of things about FAFSA verification online but nothing specific to Emerson so I’ll just contact their office after Thanksgiving.

Heya!! I applied Poli Comm. EA and am super ecstatic for decisions! I think last year took a little longer actually, like ~ dec 19/20 because they wanted to review them for a bit longer. Good luck to all nonetheless!

My daughter applied for film. Anxiously waiting to hear. It is her number #1 school

Applied a while back for film studies!