Emory Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Emory U. Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 1

4 Likes

Can we discuss about ED2 application here as well?

1 Like

what does emory value in rd applicants? test score in the 99th percentile and i feel like strong ecs and hopefully essays, but my gpa isn’t outstanding (mostly a’s but some b’s) and my mid year was particulalry bad with all a’s but a 79 in ap chemistry (my teacher is notorious for failing students, multiple 5’s on ap chem with failing grades, its terrible and worrisome for rds.) hoping ecs can come through but its such a selective school

same things as ED applicants and same as most other schools. Grades, rigor, other stats, ECs, essays, etc. Don’t fret too much, nothing to do about it now except wait. D23 is also RD and waiting, waiting.

anyone know when Emory will communicate something to those who applied early for Honors consideration?

1 Like

Any predictions for when Emory ED2 will come out?

On Emory’s website its listed as February 15th however in the past few years the results came out in the first Wednesday of February. So is February 1st a possibility?
Last year it was Feb 2nd and the year before Feb 3rd.

1 Like

Does anyone able to log in to OPUS? My DD got her net ID and PW from Emory, however the system won’t let her log in due to invalid ID/Password (??). I see some people are able to access to OPUS. I wonder if this is an indicator for admission decision like it’s a bad sign…

DD received an email stating all students will be notified via an email on Feb 15 at 6pm ET whether they qualified for scholarship consideration (which is followed by interviews I think).

1 Like

I did too, although it says only 250 will be selected as finalists out of 11,000 who applied for Scholars, so I’m not really holding out any hope. I’m already looking towards March and hoping for some good news then.

1 Like

Would being selected as a finalist mean that I am admitted. Obviously, I know it is a long shot but I am RD so wont know if I got in until late March.

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Has anyone received an email?

Not yet…:face_with_spiral_eyes::pray:

2 Likes

Rejected Scholars.

No Scholars here…It was an email not noted on portal for RD applicates

Same. Super bummed, and a little surprised, as awarded top scholarships at several schools :cry:

scholar finalist! 3.98 uw, 12 APs, 14 dual-enrollment classes. Sociology major. ECs included published research, creating an application, president of a few clubs and national leadership with YMCA. Hope this helps some future applicants.

5 Likes

Same here. Will the finalist interview be virtual or on campus?

looks like virtual

1 Like

Congratulations!!

2 Likes