Emory Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’m simply saying that the bulk of students they accept look just like students who are accepted at T20. I completely agree many schools are using ED this year very heavily bc yield is becoming difficult to guess.

1 Like

Emory did not give out Woodruff Scholarship funds a month ago. They just announced who the finalists were. Woodruff Scholarships will be announced in the next couple of days because they just had the finalists visit Emory this week. Emory still does consider the applicants who don’t make Woodruff finalist status for other merit aid.

1 Like

Its closest academic peers (among private universities) are CMU, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Rice, Vanderbilt, and WashU. That’s an impressive group.

4 Likes

Yes, there are additional merit scholarships beyond the scholars program. Daughter just admitted to Emory College and Oxford College with “Emory College Liberal Arts Scholarship (LAS)” of 1/2 tuition for 4 years. Super proud!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Did she find out with her acceptance?

1 Like

Sibling rejected. GA resident, CompSci major, only indicated Emory campus not oxford. She dual enrolls at GT so probably assumed she’d go elsewhere if she wasn’t willing to go to Oxford. Also, theres just so many qualified students out there who are passionate too. Not her fit and thats okay !

Was the merit included in the original acceptance or somewhere separate?

Just saw grant awards in OPUS.

1 Like

thanks! didn’t know about OPUS

Thanks! By email day after decision day.

Congratulations!

But Oxford admits matriculate to Emory after two years, correct? S23 was admitted to Oxford/Emory and waitlisted for Emory main. We had visited main but only virtual toured Oxford. Going in a week for preview day to compare to his other choices.

1 Like

S23 accepted to Oxford campus, waitlisted main campus. He’s CompSci/math maybe minor in psychology or global studies, possibly law in the long term.

Is there a thread just for Oxford/Emory admits? We’ve toured main campus but only virtual toured Oxford. Going for Preview Day next week. After several waitlists decisions this was an unexpected acceptance!

1 Like

Yes, junior year all Oxford admits continue onto the main Emory campus. I also was accepted Oxford and waitlisted Emory. I added Oxford because it was free to do so and I was getting a little nervous about my applications, but I have several other options now so not sure I want to do Oxford. Not because I think there is anything wrong with it or it’s “less than,” but I mostly applied to mid-size schools and purposely didn’t apply to anything under 3k undergrads because I wanted a bigger student body for my college experience.

1 Like

Any idea when financial aid info will be available?

1 Like

Someone said it’s already out. You need to go into a separate system called OPUS. Your child should have an email about how to get into OPUS from when they first sent in their application. It’s a separate portal from the admissions portal.

Anyone else having trouble getting into their housing application. Everything else is done and password has been changed. Can log into OPUS and email etc just can’t get into the housing application.

We don’t see anything in OPUS. Are you able to?

Do you need to commit before you apply for housing?

We have committed and paid admission deposit. Just found out that you have to wait 48 hours after the deposit is made.