Emory Class of 2027 Official Thread

try the admitted students link it will tell you the same information lol
https://admission.emory.edu/portal/admitted_students?cmd=enroll

2 Likes

Just returned from Emory Scholars Week! Such a stunning campus with amazing faculty and students – congrats to all who got in! You’ll love it there! :heart:

2 Likes

So, weird news
 accepted at big Emory, but not at Emory at Oxford :woman_shrugging: Isn’t that kind of backwards? I don’t know what to make of it. We were actually hoping for the smaller Oxford campus to start

2 Likes

Seems unusual. But i figured anyone would prefer Emory to Oxford. I guess that’s not the case.

1 Like

that’s not weird news. Oxford is not meant to be an easier Emory. just different.

1 Like

I grew up in Oxford, and live in Atlanta now. We still have lots of friends and connections in Oxford, and love the small, quaint atmosphere. I’m completely flabbergasted at this result :woman_shrugging:

the student profile atlanta vs oxford is almost exactly the same

I’d probably try writing to admissions and explain your thoughts. They may at least put you on the waitlist for Oxford. It’s very possible they assumed you’d prefer Atlanta

4 Likes

accepted!

3 Likes

Portal astrology was correct, waitlisted at Emory (did not apply to Oxford, regretting that choice now)

2 Likes

Does anyone know about scholarships and financial aid?

Waitlisted

That’s ok. Accepted to Northwestern last week.

IB Diploma
4.0/4.6
Rank 1/550
Act 35
Great ECs
Job
Excellent essays

Accepted: Northwestern, Syracuse, Wesleyan, Wisconsin, Colorado

WL: Emory

Waiting: Michigan.

1 Like

aid in 24-48 hours

Waitlisted

Texas resident
4.0/4.55
School does not rank
SAT 1470
AS Degree with 4.0
Pharmacy Internship
Currently interning in Managua Nicaragua
Excellent ECs

2 Likes

I see only one acceptance to Emory ( [TSwiftFanPA] ) Anyone else who got Emory acceptance (not Oxford)?

1 Like

D got into both Emory and Oxford.

5 Likes

Yes, which really surprised us! We were actually hoping for Oxford
 Seems odd :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Accepted to Oxford, waitlisted Atlanta campus.

3 Likes

It can’t be too uncommon, the split last year was about even between Emory only admits, dual admits, and Oxford only admits

I think Emory did some Yield protection this cycle also. In this env. in which kids are applying to so many schools, these 2nd tier schools have their own algorithms for figuring out which high stats/ECs kids are really interested or not and if they feel they are not interested enough, they go with WL.

1 Like

Will Emory have an Admitted Student Day?

1 Like