Emory Class of 2027 Waitlist thread

Thread to discuss Emory waitlist for class of 2027. Has anyone on the WL heard from Emory?

1 Like

Have not heard. Waiting to hear from Oxford waitlist. Anyone know how early they have started in years past?

1 Like

Reading last years posts it looks like early-mid May. But so many other schools pulling off WL early this year. Was hoping Emory would too.

1 Like

My daughter has a few friends who were offered WL spots this past week. University of Rochester and Duke being amongst those.

1 Like

Yep same. Lots of kids surprisingly got off Duke WL yesterday. Come on Emory!!!

2 Likes

Did anyone come off the waitlist yet?

I haven’t heard anything but my daughter got off UVA WL today. Seriously hoping to hear from Emory like tomorrow! Or else we’re about to put another deposit down :weary:.

Got admitted frim the waitlist for atlanta campus today. Was alrdy accepted to oxford and didnt send any LOI or any updates lmao

2 Likes

Did they email you or call first?

I received an email today from Emory letting me know I got in off the waitlist. It was a little weird because they’re saying I have to email them by tomorrow night if I am interested but will not put my official letter of acceptance in my portal until later this week. Also made my decision about 10x harder as I had pretty much accepted I was going to go to the University of Michigan…

1 Like

Congratulations! That’s a tough choice and not given much time to make it.

Congratulations on this amazing achievement.
Were you also an Oxford admit/Atlanta waitlist like the person above?

What did you decide?!

1 Like

Are you fully pay/applied for aid?

Our DD got off the waitlist on Monday and they give 7 days to make the decision. The 1 day is to to respond to the letter and the official offer of admission is then uploaded to their portal.

2 Likes

As of May 8, we are pleased to report that the enrolling class at Emory College has met our expected enrollment target and slightly exceeded it. However, we are also aware that changes in plans can occur for deposited students in the coming weeks. This includes gap year requests and other reasons why a small number of students may not end up enrolling in late August 2023. Therefore, we are anticipating enrolling between 50-70 students from the waitlist in the month of May.

Is it strange that they are at or above their enrollment but still going to take 50-70 from the waitlist?

Any news about Oxford college?

What did you decide? My son has committed to Emory, but would prefer to attend at the Oxford campus, if there is any movement from that waitlist…

1 Like

Most students it seems want Emory so I’m sure if you let them know there is someone from Oxford on the Emory waitlist who you could “switch” with.

1 Like

You would think, right?! But it is definitely not that easy. My son and I have contacted everyone we can think of, and we are still in a holding pattern. Feeling really frustrated, as it could so easily be a win-win situation for him and one of a number of other students who are interested in the reverse situation. I definitely feel that Emory’s admissions teams are missing out on an opportunity to spread happiness and goodwill to two already admitted families…:woman_shrugging:

My son is graduating from a tiny private school (30 in his graduating class), and would strongly prefer to transition to a college with a smaller campus and class sizes. So, if anyone is in at Oxford and waitlisted at Emory, please feel free to let any admissions folks you speak to know that there’s at least one Emory kiddo who would swap in a heartbeat! :heart::pray: