Emory Or Um...important!!!

<p>I figured you guys know a lot about this stuff, so if you had the option between emory (with the ability to pay about 12,000 without a problem and not certain about how much financial aid I'm going to get, single parent household with 3 people in college next year, 5 total) or UM FULL RIDE which would u take?</p>

<p>Wow, you have a full ride at Miami?! Congrats! You must be a great student! They only give out 20 of those full rides, which puts you in the top 1% of the class.</p>

<p>I really think you need to look at strength of your intended major. What are you looking to go into? If money isn't a concern, don't consider it in your decision. Some families love to save that 50K that you would have to spend at Emory. That's a year's salary for some people.</p>

<p>No, we're not rich. Well the full ride's from the 1/3 tuition scholarship they'll give me, the 7,000 from bright future's here in florida, and 13,000 I automatically get from the army. Pretty much a free ride. My stats are pretty good, I got everything for the full tuition one you're talking about, but the class rank, my school's way too competitive. I'm not sure what I'm going into....something to do with science, engineering or medicine. I know emory's really good for medicine, but UM ain't so bad either...that's it, I'm going to malcolm x college</p>

<p>Emory doesn't have an Engineering program unless you are enrolled in the Emory/GA Tech program</p>

<p>As far as I know, the full Bright Futures scholarship only pays about $3880 per year at UM.</p>

<p>Check on the majors and compare schools. However, if Miami offers a decent program in your major interests, take Miami. Having no debt when you graduate is REALLY nice, and you will appreciate it in the future. In addition, I always felt that, in some ways, Miami is a better place to go to school than Emory. However, I certainly like both schools.</p>

<p>oh well, that's still something, there' FRAG, and also some hispanic scholarships I got.....the point is that I'll have no debt</p>

<p>Mikey, if i told you once, ive told you a thousand times. Emory is the way to go. Nothing is worth more than a quality education. -D.Schwizzle</p>

<p>Why don't you wait to see if you get into Emory first before you put so much effort into making this decision.</p>

<p>hahahah D. Schwizzle....that was good...</p>

<p>So you're saying you don't get a quality education at UM?</p>

<p>that's what D. Schwizzle said</p>

<p>I'm fat. like real fat. No, not really. EVERYONE GO JOIN FACBEOOK!</p>

<p>It depends on your interests and which major you prefer. For the most part Emory is a superior school, however there are exceptions in certain dept offerings. </p>

<p>Emory is smaller and has a different social environment, so once again it depends on your preferences. Emory is known as a strong pre-professional school with a high percentage of grads going to med, law and biz schools. My research discovered success rates of gaining acceptance to top schools differed significantly. The academic intensity and challenge may differ also.</p>

<p>I applied to Miami as a safety and Emory as a match/reach.
I was accepted to both and received a nice scholarship from U of Miami. The cost differential would be 80K over years. </p>

<p>Money is important but fortunately my parents want me to attend the best school that meets my needs.
I am sure that I would have enjoyed U of Miami and receive a quality education. Its what you make of the opportunity regardless of where you attend.</p>