emsap

<p>i went to the website that has some information regarding the emsap program and found out that i have to mail them for the application?? will they send it through me by email? [url=&lt;a href=“Error 404 | Not Found”&gt;http://www.uab.edu/emsap.html]EMSAP[/url</a>]</p>

<p>also what are the stats for the average applicants and the admission rate to this emsap program? i know it"s competitive since it"s a guaraneed spot for med school but how competitive?</p>

<p>like for instance>>>rochester gets around eight hundred applicants and only accept ten
is emsap that selective? also do alabama residents get more preference over out of state applicants???</p>

<p>i can probably say that it’s less competitive than, say, rochester’s…but by what’s on the site, it’s looks pretty damn hard to get into</p>

<p>UAB selects 10 students for EMSAP.</p>

<p>BTW…UAB med school is similarly ranked as URoch med school…actually, UAB is a better medical school.</p>

<p>USnews ranking</p>

<p>UAB med school…23 primary care…26 research</p>

<p>UR med school…20 primary care…32 research</p>

<p>Ruvuitton…Are you only applying to UAB? </p>

<p>Aren’t you going to apply to Bama as well? </p>

<p>What are your stats again?</p>

<p>Mom2K, </p>

<p>Did you know that the School of Medicine on UAB’s campus, is technically not a part of UAB? It is called the University of Alabama School of Medicine. It is a bit of a sore point for some at UAB, and UA. And the UA School of Medicine does have a branch on UA’s campus in Tuscaloosa. There are rumors that Witt wants to expand the branch on UA’s campus. So, it only helps UA’s rep for the School of Medicine to not be associated just with UAB.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Yes, I do know that.</p>

<p>But…the EMSAP program doesn’t include Bama’s students (it should!)</p>

<p>Yes, I’ve heard rumors that Witt wants to expand the med school branch on Bama’s campus.</p>

<p>Here are my stats.</p>

<p>SAT 2030, 1360/1600
GPA 4.1+</p>

<p>It’s not that competitive concerning these programs are highly selective, but I still want to give it a shot. :)</p>

<p>Umm, i guess that’s good that UAB is better ranked in terms of research but idk if that’s a plus or a minus in terms of admission…haha.</p>

<p>Yes, I’ll apply to UAB. I might apply to Bama… kind of depends because I already have 17 schools on my list. Unless I drop some of them I probably won’t be adding Bama.</p>

<p>Here’s my list of schools. Tell me if I should drop or add schools and why…</p>

<p>Regular
University of California San Diego, LA, Berkeley
Johns Hopkins
Georgetown
UMiami
UMBC
UMCP
I live in MD btw</p>

<p>Bs/md
Union College
University of Connecticut
NEOUCOM
UAB
Drexel
USC
Rice/Baylor
University of Toledo
University of Cincinnati</p>

<p>Yes, I’ll apply to UAB. I might apply to Bama… kind of depends because I already have 17 schools on my list. Unless I drop some of them I probably won’t be adding Bama.</p>

<p>Well, if you’re going to apply to Bama and get their scholarship, you need to apply NOW, since the deadline for scholarships is Dec 1st.</p>

<p>I don’t think you realize how EASY and FAST the Bama app is. You really need to get it is just in case. It’s a great financial safety for you. You’d get a 2/3 tuition scholarship. </p>

<p>Drop all those UCs…they’ll expect you to pay FULL freight (no scholarships and no need-based aid)…about $50k per year. I’m from Calif… they aren’t worth $50k per year…no way.</p>

<p>I might drop one of the UC’s and add Bama. But how do you know if I’d get scholarship that’s worth 2/3 tuition…?</p>

<p>Btw…I tried to sign up for an account and it’s saying my SSN and last name is invalid…D:</p>

<p>You can’t sign up for an account until after you’ve applied and Bama has sent you log-on info. At that point you can submit the scholarship app.</p>

<p>**The scholarship is ASSURED for your stats as long as you apply by Dec 1st **(which is in a few days, so you have to apply now, so you then can also get your scholarship app in.</p>

<p>Even though the scholarship is assured if you apply by Dec 1st, you still need to submit the scholarship app as a formality.</p>

<p>Apply here…
Application is fast & easy [Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/]Undergraduate”>http://gobama.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>**UA Scholar scholarship</p>

<p>Students who have a 30-31 ACT or 1330-1390 SAT (critical reading and mathematics scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive two-thirds the cost of tuition for four years. **</p>

<p>Alabama residents do get preference for EMSAP. And given only 10 people get in each year, I would say it’s near impossible to get in from out-of-state.</p>