endicott nursing school

Has anybody out there gone to Endicott Nursing school? Or know of any one who has gone. My D wants to go there but the NCLEX pass rates are not great but she loves the school.

try to find out why the rates are so low–good luck!

Look at more than one year. Many schools had a reduced pass rate circa 2014 after the test was changed.

I found this great website today. It is the American Association of Colleges of Nursing - Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education that accredits baccalaureate, masters and doctoral nursing programs in the U.S. The search selection allows one to find accredited nursing programs in each state. In Massachusetts, Endicott is not listed currently as an accredited nursing program.

http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation/accredited-programs

Thanks Blueskyforever – I also checked to see if Regis College’s nursing program is accredited and it is also NOT listed—so I went to Regis’s website to see if they list any accreditations-(see below)

“The Nursing Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326; 404-975-5000), with the exception of the Doctor of Nursing Practice program, which is currently in candidate status for ACEN accreditation and approved by the Board of Higher Education.”

BUT when I looked at the ACEN’s website, I saw an August 15 letter stating that they are currently at risk for losing their ability to be an accrediting body by the US Government, Dept. of Education. If that happens they will not be able to give out financial aid.

Not sure what this means, but after looking at their list of schools, most are low ranked nursing schools anyway–none of the better nursing schools in Massachusetts (Simmons, BC, Northeastern, UMASS) are even listed --they are all accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education…it is interesting that Regis and Endicott have two of the lowest NCLEX pass rates for their Bachelor’s programs in Massachusetts both use ACEN as their accrediting organization.

For now, I would suggest only looking at schools that are accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education and schools that have very high 90+ NCLEX passing rates. If your school is not accredited you might not be able to get a Master’s degree. hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

Yes, there are at least two different accreditation organizations. I don’t believe one is better than the other. Beware of a program that is on probation, because that means they are in danger of losing their accreditation if they don’t improve.