Engineering admissions

<p>When does TAMU start to create a pool to compete for the last 15% of engineering majors??</p>

<p>What do you mean by this?</p>

<p>I believe niteshkw is referring to the remaining spots in engineering college. Admissions has said often that approximately 85% of engineering spots are immediately taken by automatic and academic admits. They hold a few (approx. 15%) remaining spots for the competitive review admits. </p>

<p>The business and engineering schools fill very quickly with auto & academic admits. A few slots are left available for review admits. This is why it is very important to apply early even if you are an auto/academic admit. While TAMU doesn’t admit based on your choice of major, your choice of major may be full. This is where the question - “do you want to be an engineer or an Aggie?” comes into play. Many a late applying, hopeful TAMU student wanting engineering has had to make a decision - go to TAMU under a different major or go someplace else.</p>

<p>If you are an auto admit and apply 12/1 you will get into TAMU. If your major choice is engineering you may not get that. Same with Mays for the business majors. </p>

<p>Not to hijack, but does anyone know how competitive the Education school is?</p>

<p>Education is not very competitive, hope this helps!</p>

<p>How competitive is it when you apply for your specific major in sophomore year?</p>

<p>I’m assuming you are talking competitive in the sense of fill the available slots quickly (not volume of students in each major )? If so, education is not as popular as others that fill very fast. Traditionally the top 5 are : Engineering, Business, Architecture, Psychology and… I think it it is Sociology (but not sure). They’re the ones that you’re not allowed to switch into during NSC (New Student Conferences).</p>

<p>niteshkw, the competitiveness is TBD, the first group are in their first semester right now. No data yet.</p>