Engineering BYOD Requirement

I am going to be a freshman at Texas A&M this fall. In concerns to the engineering school’s BYOD policy, can any one explain it? Additionally I have seen multiple blogs explaining that this is not a hard rule as far as hardware configurations go, what is your experience?

Other than what BYOD specifies does anyone have suggestions on the optimum laptop, with the most realistic specs (for what you actually use) and for a reasonable price?

Gig’em and thanks,
AggieChemist

You have to choose from the 3 on the list. You do not have to buy from them, but it has to be from the list. I am getting a MacBook pro, it is the most expensive option but I’ve had a MacBook pro since 2011 and it is still working. So they are pretty reliable, if you buy one from the a&m online store you get 4 year warranty.
Keep in mind if you buy the Mac that is $1700 (or more depending on storage and screen size selection), and you have to buy parrarels and windows, and then there is taxes.
So if you are looking to save money you could just purchase the hp or dell model. I heard Mac was better for engineering, then someone told me PC.

My son purchased the MacBook Pro. We asked about educational discounts and the store employee looked up A&M – it was an automatic $100 off the notebook, as well as $66 off the Apple Care. A small discount, but it helps. Not having a school ID yet, they asked to see my son’s driver’s license and asked him to log into his school email to prove he is a student.