Engineering Computer

For fall 2018. What kind of computer is best for a college of engineering student? I found all of the basic requirements already on VT website. Are they no longer requiring a touchscreen? Any insight from current students on what is best( 2-1’s or just a regular laptop).

Anything works. Beefy enough to run like solidworks or whatever but anything more than that is gravy. Idk if they don’t require touch-screen anymore but even if they do you are better off just getting a wacom plug in tablet feature and getting the computer you want than limiting yourself to touch screens. 15 in is a good size, 17 is a little big to lug around campus constantly.

I was told that you can purchase a computer from the VT’s bookstore and that if anything happens to it you get a loaner while yours is being serviced…has anyone heard about this and is it worth it?

@FutureHokie2018 depends on if your laptop breaks or not. I will say that you can probably get a better price outside of the bookstore.

Do you know if any computer purchased through the VT Bookstore would have the loaner program?

@GolferGuy990 Yes, it comes with any laptop purchased via the bookstore