Engineering Continuing Scholarships

Has anyone received a continuing student scholarship from the Engineering department? I know there were a select few given out to freshman, but I understand that the bulk of them won’t go out until after spring grades are posted. I just wondered if anyone has seen one in Howdy yet. If so, is it from the Mechanical Engineering department?

We haven’t had anything show up in the Financial Aid portal…loans, grants, scholarships, nada.

Last year my S did get a small COE scholarship.

@whciv01, I think some of the departments give freshman engineering scholarships. My son got a small freshman ChemE department scholarship. Most of the ChemE scholarships were probably given last week. I think the PetE department also gives freshman scholarships. Don’t know about MechE.

Thanks for the replies. @TexasAtHome we are in the same boat. My son received a few small scholarships as an incoming freshman, but nothing is showing in his Howdy portal for next year. Big ‘goose egg’ for now. He’s a bit worried.

My son’s Mays scholarship still hasn’t posted yet (he has a 4 year one) so I know the college ones are not yet listed.I had called when he was a sophomore about it and they told me they wait for grades to post after Spring semester so if an existing scholarship candidate doesn’t make grades, they can choose another recipient. If you don’t have the parent loan portion on your FA portal, it isn’t done updating yet ( it can update after that, but usually that’s it for most people) so you’re both still in the running :slight_smile:

College of Science hasn’t posted theirs yet either. My D has 2 that aren’t guaranteed, but in practice they get renewed as long as the grades are still good. They have not posted anything yet. I think early/mid summer.

Now that grades are in, has anyone heard from Financial Aid?

We haven’t seen anything… nothing, not even loan options.

@whciv01 Same here…sigh.

Anyone seen anything yet? I would have thought by June 1st we would see something. Nothing on our portal.

Nada.

They’re not posted yet for Mays

My experience has been anytime over the summer and even possibly early in the fall semester. Although my S hasn’t had any renewable scholarships