Engineering degree granting classification

<p>I am currently in my third trimester at UW-Madison as an EGR student and have applied to Industrial Engineering. I have been looking for info all over the internet about admission stats into this particular major but I can't find anything.</p>

<p>If you have any info, I would greatly appreciate it.</p>

<p>Not really available. I believe all get in that want it. Only a couple majors sometimes have limits. Chem E Bio E and maybe one more from time to time.</p>

<p>Thank you very much. You are the first to give me a somewhat clear answer and I appreciate it a lot!</p>

<p>Would you happen to know if this might be the case for the Industrial & Systems Engineering major? I have satisfied all the requirements. The only problem is that I got a C in Chemistry 104 and can’t figure out where I rank among the other applicants.</p>

<p>This is all I could find. No numbers</p>

<p>■When the number of applicants for transfer to a degree-granting program that meet the requirements in Regulation 3a exceeds the capacity of that program, admissions will be limited to that capacity. In order to implement the University’s goals of maximizing the success of students who are admitted to a program and of achieving a heterogeneous and ethnically diverse student body, selection of students for admission to degree-granting programs operating at capacity will be based on grade point averages, test scores, geographical and personal background, and diversity.</p>

<p>UW has semesters, not “trimesters”. If you are already on campus you should check with the department directly. Since you plan to be in it it is good to familiarize yourself with it. Don’t be shy about asking.</p>