Engineering, Fall 2021...still waiting

Any Engineering students that are still waiting…did you mark Test Optional? Just wondering if that may be why DS is still In Review. I read that A&M received something like 50,000 applications because of the test optional change.

1 Like

That total is on the low end.

Last year, they had 62,000 applications.

https://accountability.tamu.edu/All-Metrics/Mixed-Metrics/Applied,-Admitted,-Enrolled

Great link. Thank you.

Question… it appears the 62k includes transfers and grad students as well (for cstat campus). Am I reading that right? And I wish we had a more recent breakdown of full admit, auto admits, gateway, team/teab and galveston offers (and psa). If you find that, please share.

Yes. You can change it up.

I’m changed the view to show undergrads first time at any level. A&M had 42384 apply at fall.

1 Like

The 50,000 number that I heard from someone in the admissions office was TOTAL.

1 Like

I’ll have to hunt down the article but I believe it said 55000 applicants for Fall 2021. Now, if that meant just true freshmen (not transfers), I can’t remember. Too bad my kid’s not a football player. He could have had a decision by now.

1 Like

I went back and checked.

It’s 50000 freshman applicants.

Crazy!

1 Like

My son is also Engineering Fall 2021 and still waiting. He was able to take both the SAT and ACT and submitted the ACT score (30). He was CAP’d at UT last night and not going to go that route. Accepted into UTD, UH, OU, OSU, TTech, and U of Ark. A&M is the last school we are waiting to hear from, but we did make contingency plans at some of his accepted schools just so we weren’t the last on housing list. Most schools offer partial refunds by May 1.

4 Likes

So does anyone know if we are waiting for full admit or is engineering at capacity yet?

When I called last week, they said it was not full yet.

Saw some people got offers… anyone in engineering here got anything or still nothing?

No updates.

no updates here either… :pensive:

We got option for applying at McAllen, Galveston or engineering at Blinn today. Submitted app early October, 1300+, 100+ hours CS, EC leadership, attended Aggiestem for 4 years. Hopefully they take him.

1 Like

Which option did you choose?

He chose Engineering at Blinn

My son also got the same options today. Submitted all documents and application on 8/1.

To you both, if you choose one, you most likely get it. Especially if you do it the day you get the options. You should hear soon!!!

Congrats!

1 Like

Have any of you received an official offer after choosing TEAB?

DS accepted to Engineering but waiting for Engineering Honors since November…any idea why that application takes so long and what are odds? Affects housing and even college choice …