Engineering, Fall 2021...still waiting

Not officially. Just shows the 6 tabs and the major change. Based on everything I’ve read, we should be good to go.

1 Like

@wildtxrose Engineering Honors doesn’t require living in special housing. I think there might be some rooms set aside for EH students, within the Engineering Village at The Commons. So even if he doesn’t get EH, he can still request the Eng Village.
Does the EH website give a timeline for notification? Most do.

This link may help a little?

Somehow I missed that you got the 6 tabs!!! Yay. Does it show teab on howdy?

Yes, it took less than a week after choosing Blinn

My son has had the additional “Tabs” for days- he accepted on 2/10 but no “official offer” - I called admissions office on Friday which was their 1st day of operations since the winter storms… She said his TEAB offer was still “pending”. I then called A&M housing and they verified our sons account and said he has admitted and talked us through the process to apply for campus housing to submit a housing deposit- which is all available through the new tabs in my sons HOWDY account.

1 Like

Where do the options show up? Is it an email or is it in AIS?

Just got official letter today… 10 days after accepting offer. WHOOP!

2 Likes

@52AG82 - The Engineering Honors Community of Scholars (ECOS) is an optional, residential component of the Engineering Honors program that offers Engineering Honors students a fun and engaging residential community with a strong support system within the Engineering Village @ The Commons.

Have to be accepted into Engineering Honors…no timeline shown on any pages we have researched… will keep waiting. He wants the freshman benefits - will see afterward. He is auto accepted into general Honors, so at least should get early class selection but the whole experience would be enhanced we believe by having this - also accepted at Mines, a small school and others. We think this would give him the benefits of the great resources at a large school with a small school experience.

1 Like

@wildtxrose gotcha! My student has many friends in Engineering Honors; they didn’t live in The Commons, they all lived in Hullabaloo. EH is definitely a great thing-biggest perk being early registration.
I think I’d have your son contact the EH office, asking them for an acceptance/rejection timeline. Strange they don’t list anything, and really inconsiderate for students waiting to hear.
Good luck!

We marked test optional and are still waiting as well. He submitted an application in September.

Finally got an update on AIS. Option to choose McAllen, Galveston or Blinn. Chose Blinn. Now says “being considered for Blinn”. So the wait continues!

You’ll hear back probably this week if not, then beginning of next week. Congrats.

1 Like