Engineering Fast Track

<p>Does anybody have any experience with this program? Any comments on your (your kid's) experience with it? Do the course grades go on your undergraduate transcript at all? Or do they go solely on your grad school transcript? It doesn't seem like they can go on both ... but maybe they can. And if they don't go on your undergrad transcript, do they just show up as Credit by Exam courses for undergrad?
Thanks!</p>

<p>Oh, well. In retrospect, I can see why nobody here would be able to shed light on my question. Most people who are doing fast track are seniors who aren’t spending time on CC, and the people who’ve already done fast track are in grad school and beyond. So why would they be here on CC? Why am I here on CC? Hmmm. Feeling silly. I have a couple kids moving on tho the next steps of their education, so I came back to look into a few things. … but I think it’s time for me to just go! :)</p>

<p>@simpleLife I have been checking your thread looking for answers. My freshman in aerospace engineering is also interested. Besides the issue that you identified, I think another reason that you may not get a lot of useful information is that the Fast Track requirements are set on a department-by-department basis. <a href=“http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/fasttrack”>http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/fasttrack&lt;/a&gt; So a mechanical engineering fast-tracker’s experience may not shed light on what a chemical engineering fast-tracker should expect in four or five years.</p>

<p>You might try contacting Magda Lagoudas (Engineering Academic & Student Affairs) <a href=“mailto:m-lagoudas@tamu.edu”>m-lagoudas@tamu.edu</a>. We met with her on our campus visit last year and she was very helpful. </p>

<p>@Simple life, please don’t go. I like your postings. They’re honest & insightful. Thank you.
Also, I like you name “simplelife”.</p>

<p>^ Aw. How sweet, Kathsj. That is so nice of you! I’m glad I can be helpful. :)</p>

<p>And thank you, Beaudreau for the tip! I’ll try calling next week or two and I’ll post here whatever I find out. I couldn’t think of who to ask. That’s a perfect lead!</p>