Engineering @ Galveston Fall 2016 Program

@LoveAM , don’t know yet because haven’t gotten that far in the process just yet. From what I have seen looking at classes needed to take first year plus housing and fees, looks like it will be just a little less cost over all. Not by much. I would ball park it around 1,000 if i had to make an educated guess. It could be more or less depending on your other expenses and type of housing you choose. I’ll look into it further and will post my finding when available. If anyone else figures that out, feel free to share the information. Thanks again everyone for posting.

Do you think I should make a campus visit to a&M Galveston? Is weekdays or weekends better to tour the campus and housings? @aggiedaughterENG

@LoveAM, you should definitely make a visit. It’s a nice campus and they are building a new building so it is expanding fast. Don’t know how far you live but if you have to stay overnight, I suggest doing so soon as Spring Break is around the corner so room rates are going to blow up to ridiculous prices. During the week is cheaper and weekends get pricey even during off season. I’d definitely go during the week so you can get the feel for the campus vibe, etc.

I’m not planning to stay overnight because i live only 1hr 30m away, do you know if I should register for campus tour on school website or just go? @aggiedaughterENG

@LoveAM, schedule the tour and let them know you have been accepted to Engineering @ Galveston program and were unable to attend the preview day. See if they can tailor your visit so that you are explained about program specific classes etc.

I signed up for the friday after spring break, cant wait to see Galveston campus! I also decided not to join the army no more, so I would definitely enroll in galveston and transfer later, gonna apply for housing

@LoveAM , congrats and enjoy. Already did housing and waiting for SALT Camp registration to open so can sign up my daughter. Also just waiting to see what kind of scholarship,financial aid awards she receives as well. Keep us posted on your visit.

Applied for housing today,not sure which residence hall I’m gonna get,I prefer Atlantic or Polaris

The charge is like 3k a semester right? So it would be like 6k a year? @aggiedaughterENG

I only received a email with the confirmation of receipt of the amount I paid,nothing more, is this also happened to u? I mean the 300$ deposit

@LoveAM , i got a notification of payment via email after paying for the housing deposit. I’m sure we will get more information soon. I just want to know who they are going to pair up with my child. Would be nice for that to happen soon so that my daughter can get to know them prior to moving in. If it is 3k a semester, that would be great.

Yea I read on the housing cost, and like most residence halls are between 2k-3k5 .I don’t really care who I’m gonna get paired up with but I think they gonna use the info u provided like ,clean or sleeping habit or smoke,

And I think assignments for rooms won’t be made until summer

@LoveAM, I found it funny they didn’t include Tejano music as an option.

Lol yea, do you know if we gonna have to pay for meal plans on campus? @aggiedaughterENG

@LoveAM , I do not know that because wasn’t given an option for the meal plan when applied for housing. Have you heard anything? I’ll probably give housing a call at some point this week to ask about it. Will let you know if you don’t find out before me

No I haven’t heard from them @aggiedaughterENG

Is there a groupme for people who got this program?

My next daughter was offered general engg at Galveston but wants to move to college station…what is the rate of children getting a gpa of 3.5?she got a place in Virginia tech too.which college should she go for?what is the required gpa for electrical engg at college station

My daughter too got accepted for galveston her choice being electrical and is an international student.We visited both the campuses.My concern is about moving into the college station next year and finding a place for stay as being in second year they wont get to opt for the campus housing.please post any idea where to apply for housing.This thread is helpful to get an idea of how many of us are joining galveston.
She got in UCSD as undeclared,but donot know which one to opt for.If anyone can help me, it would be helpful.