Engineering honors and/or aerospace

<p>Hi,
any students out there been through eng. Honors program or in it at present that can give insight into professors, class sizes, likes/dislikes about program, difficulity</p>

<p>also anybody that can give opinion on purdue's aerospace eng. Program</p>

<p>overall the quality of professors in engineering?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>You spoke my mind Sun25. I wanted to know the exact same thing. I'll be coming to Purdue this fall.</p>

<p>ditto. Except I need to choose a school.</p>

<p>Aero is the S.H.I.T. here. It gets really hard in the junior year but if you do the HW and learn stuff by yourself(i.e. understand things well), an A is impossible. I'm not saying that I have ever had As but that it's not impossible too. The first year is filled with LARGE classes. CHM 115 is really dumbed down and is too easy that an art major can get an A. Not saying that I have one! Other than that the profs I've met so far are really nice. And the guys here are good too. You won't find many chicks in Aero to bonk(if you are into that(WHY?)) but outside the dept there are a lot of really nice girls(HOT!!!) who have good personalities too. Anyway have fun till junior, coz after that you'll be working for 6 hours in some courses' projects(the great fluid 333!) JUST to get a C!</p>

<p>The city su.c.ks. Nasty unpredictable weather, etc, etc.</p>

<p>Does anyone know about the difficulties in getting into the Aero/Astro PhD program at Purdue?</p>

<p>THanks for the tips slipknot. Since you sound like you're into rock and all that, how's the metal scene at Purdue/West Lafayette.. or Indiana in general. all i know is that axl rose and izzy grew up there haha</p>

<p>Slipknot, KoRn, etc. all go to Chicago they come to Indy once in a while. But you'll find concerts reachable. They usually have their stuff in the mid-west. As for music, you have guys having different tastes in all. You can get music from, ahem, "inside sources"!--->You'll learn to love it and get HD movies from it. I don't know if I can post that up here but you'll soon find out when you get on campus!</p>