Engineering Honors Program?

<p>I'm not really sure where to post this, but I will here...
So I'm planning on doing engineering at Purdue then afterwards go on to grad school for an MS degree.
Should I do the honors program? Like will it help my chances for graduate admission a lot/is it worth it?</p>

<p>i think when it comes to grad school, your first job out of college / job exp is more important than whether you took honors.</p>

<p>Being in the Engineering Honors Program is a plus, imo. </p>

<p>Reasons include it looking good on your transcript, internship/job interviews, study groups with other Honors Eng. students, smaller classes which can lead to student/faculty interaction, and better chances on getting a research assistant position during your undergrad. years. All these reasons can help your future employment and grad. school application.</p>

<p>I’m personally 50-50 on this. I definitely think the freshman engineering honors program was useful in some ways. Nonetheless it did require extra work. </p>

<p>However, I do agree with Jim that you’ll probably get better interaction with faculty and you’ll be surrounded with people who are similarly motivated. But from my personal experiences and what alumni have told me, the honors program will not impress anyone (admission committees for graduate school and potential employers alike). What it will do though is give you a step up. </p>

<p>So in short, the name itself won’t do much, it’s what you do with the possible contact with faculty etc.</p>

<p>Bump
Still interested in hearing opinions on the Engineering Honors program and HLEC.</p>