Engineering LLC vs. University Honors

I recently decided to accept my University Honors offer, but now I am doubting my decision. I will also be in the Engineering Honors Program. University Honors has required housing in Lechner or McFadden Hall, but if I decide to not go through with my University Honors acceptance then I could live in the Engineering LLC. Is it good to live in the Engineering LLC? Is it helpful for students? Would I benefit more from the Engineering LLC than the University Honors Program?

I cannot speak from experience being that my son is an entering freshman. He will be in engineering honors but decided not to try for university honors. He felt both might be too much. The thread in the link below has some discussion:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2130855-university-honors.html#latest

@BIZP2424 we have a friend who started out in the Corps, Univ Honors and Engineering Honors. He quickly dropped U Honors-said it was a lot of ‘fluff’-cupcake socials, team building, etc, at least early on. He kept Engineering Honors.
I’ve heard from multiple people that it’s too much to do 2 Honors-do 1, or the other-but not both.

We actually toured Lechner last week (it has the model dorm room for Northside Modulars). Not one person in the halls, no sound from any room, it was eerily quiet. You also can’t pick your roommate in Honors dorm, if that’s a big deal to you.

Unless you submitted LLC application, I think it is too late to request an LLC dorm.

@BIZP2424 April 1 was the deadline to apply for LLPs.

@52AG82 I just got my acceptance into the LLC yesterday! Thanks for the advice!