Engineering LLC

<p>So I read on the HRC site that there is a men’s engineering LLC in Bryant but there is only a link to apply to the women’s LLC on that page? Is the men’s LLC being phased out or is there some other application form somewhere? Or is it already full?</p>

<p>I don’t think the men’s requires a separate app. I think you just choose it as an option when doing housing selection and then you’re room choices will be in a particular area within Burke…near other eng’g LLC students…and your suitemates will be in the same LLC.</p>

<p>For more info, contact below</p>

<p>For more information on Shared Interest Communities and Living-Learning Communities, please contact us:</p>

<p>housing.ua.edu 205.348.6676 <a href=“mailto:housing@sa.ua.edu”>housing@sa.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Here’s a flyer about the LLCs
<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/pdfs/LLC_flier.pdf[/url]”>http://housing.ua.edu/pdfs/LLC_flier.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Devin,
If you’ve been accepted to the College of Engineering, you will automatically see any available spaces in the Men’s Engineering community. There’s no application.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>I wonder if many senior engineering males switch over to Bryant for their last year, as they won’t have to worry about going back to honors.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Hmmmm…I’m thinking not. Most non-honors students move off campus once they’re sophs/juniors. I wouldn’t see a big reason for an honors rising senior to move to Burke since most students there would be frosh/sophs. </p>

<p>Besides…Burke is much further away from the SEC than the honors dorms are.</p>

<p>Not Burke, Bryant.</p>

<p>I remember meeting some engineering students when we were touring the school who said they were anxious to get into Bryant because of the big beds. </p>

<p>I was just curious if seniors might want to try out a big bed for their senior year, and not have to worry about getting back into honors.</p>

<p>I remember it because my son is a big boy and I was wondering if he would enjoy a big bed. But he’s done fine with his single at Riverside West. He sleeps on a futon at home, his choice.</p>

<p>Ah…sorry…my old eyes read Burke…lol.</p>

<p>Yes…the beds in Bryant are Doubles. I don’t know if they’re extra long though.</p>