Engineering packing list

<p>Is there a packing list available for first year engineering student? Specifically I am referring to the electronic gadgets required of an engineering student, for eg, the calculator model and the computer model. and any other input aside from this is also appreciated. </p>

<p>PS: I'd like to know where I can get the required calculator and computer model with the best price.</p>

<p>Thanks!!! :) </p>

<p>Look here for laptop info. <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1640412-2014-engineering-students-laptops.html#latest”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1640412-2014-engineering-students-laptops.html#latest&lt;/a&gt; </p>

<p>Aggiecorps, follow the link kldat posted above for A&M’s new laptop requirements. My son recently got a new computer which was before the engineering department requested certain computer models. His laptop is not the Dell or the Mac models engineering requested. I spoke to the Engineering Department at A&M and they said his computer will be fine. They told me to wait to purchase any software until school starts since students receive a big software discount. </p>

<p>As far as the calculator, A&M does not require a certain model however it has been suggested to get the TI-89. On the packaging it does say it is for engineering courses. I had also considered the TI-Nspire. </p>

<p>Thanks for the input! ! Where can we get the calculator for the best price anyway?</p>

<p>Just start watching the prices. Sometimes as it gets closer to the start of the school year, stores like Target, Walmart, Office Depot/Max have deals. Also, check online retailers like Amazon, Overstock etc to see if they are running any specials. </p>

<p>You really don’t need an expensive graphing calculator, classes are designed not to need them. It is more of a crutch than anything. I would recommend a cheap scientific calculator that costs 20-30 dollars.</p>

<p>How about the laptop choice?</p>

<p>You don’t need a fancy calculator but it’ll definitely benefit you if you get something more powerful than a cheap scientific calculator for your physics/chemistry courses. A TI-84 or TI-89 should suffice. </p>

<p>Look at the link kldat1 posted for laptop choices. </p>