Engineering program in Virginia Tech

Hello.
I’ve got accepted to Virginia Tech engineering program (undergraduate), however, I’ve heard that it is relatively hard. As an international student I’m concerned that it will be way too much for me. I’m ready to do the best I can, but it is still harder to learn something new in the foreign language.
Because of that, I would like to receive as much information about engineering program in VT as I can. More specific:
How hard engineering program in VT?
How good international students (usually) deal with the program?
What kind of knowledge should I possess in order to be successful? (ex: math, physics, programming, etc)
Thank you.

hi desprin,
i am in similar situation like you are. it would be great to chat separately and exchange notes.

This probably doesn’t speak for everyone at every school–
I go to a school that really isn’t known for being that difficult, and many students each year go to VT engineering. I’ve never met anyone who is at the program who has found it extremely hard, most finding it as easy, or easier, than high school (for the first year or two, can’t speak for past that, but I believe it gets more difficult). Just be prepared to study some, but they wouldn’t accept you if they weren’t fairly sure you’d be able to handle the workload.

How did you guys find out so early. I was told that I will be finding out on April 1 just like the rest of international applicants.

I applied regular decision and received my offer in February, so I have no idea why you haven’t received it yet. I think that you should email them regarding this matter.

I did and that’s what they told me. I know other international students who are also waiting. My only guess would be that they don’t do international applications all at once or maybe they do them by majors. I’m a biology major so maybe that’s why. I had some issues with my stuff being mailed to them that’s why I had to wait for the second wave of decisions. in the app summary it says they have everything. so who knows.
thank you though for your help!