Engineering question...

<p>I know I've been posting almost the same type of questions lately, but this will be the last on...PROMISE. Okay, I got a 1620 on the last SAT in June, but TAMU engineering fills fast (probably October). If I turn in my scores I got in June, do you think they will deny me before the October SAT? And if I update my scores on the October SAT, will I be to late. I am turning in my application in August and all of my grades are pretty good. I have a 3.5 GPA (119/865) and I take 5 ap classes (2 senior year). Have about 50 volunteer hours and a variety of sport extracurriculars with good essays. The only problem is that dang SAT.</p>

<p>THANKS IF YOU ANSWER!</p>

<p>Nobody can tell you if it will be too late or not. There’s no way to know. You’d have to have a crystal ball. I suggest you take the ACT. I think you can probably take it in September, and that would be a bit sooner.</p>

<p>They won’t DENY you in October. They’ll put you in the review pile. And then when you turn in your new SAT scores, they’ll consider them.</p>

<p>Yep! ACT is the way to go. It’s in September! Just remember to force yourself to take practice tests to prepare</p>

<p>I do not remember reading about any rejections prior to January. so, applying early will not hurt you. However, don’t take my word on it.</p>

<p>Decisions are not made until after the deadline.</p>

<p>Decisions at A&M are actually rolling. So the sooner you get yours in, the sooner your application will be reviewed. They start making decisions as soon as applications start coming in so the deadline is not the day when they start reviewing applications. But my advice would be to just get your SAT scores in and maybe even take the ACT as a backup. You don’t want to be stuck not having all of your credentials in by their new deadline of December 1.</p>

<p>^Decision to admit are made on a rolling basis. However, I have a feeling that rejections do not go out until after the deadline. Therefore applicants have an opportunity to get in their latest SAT scores by the deadline and get reviewed holistically.</p>

<p>That’s what I’m hoping. I just don’t think it would be fair if I get denied before I take my final SAT</p>