Engineering - University of Iowa, Purdue or UW Madison?

My son had been accepted at all three schools and his having somewhat of a dilemma deciding on which one to ultimately attend. Looking for feed back from others who may have have been faced with a similar choice now or in previous years.
What did you chose and why?

Congratulations to your son! So wonderful to have such great choices. My daughter was accepted to U Mass, U Conn, U Wisc and Purdue for chemical engineering. Wisconsin was her first choice. She had an opportunity to visit one of the mechanical engineering labs and was impressed with both the students and their work. Sadly, they did not provide any financial assistance so she couldn’t attend. Ultimately, she choose Purdue for its strong reputation in engineering. It’s a rigorous curriculum but has prepared her well. She was able to study abroad for a semester in London and had two well paid summer internships found through the career services office. The last internship landed her a job post graduation. Her best friend is going on to grad school and has garnered invitations to interview at most all of the top schools. Her friend researched extensively at Pudue and has published. Can’t say enough good things about Purdue. That said, my cousin’s son attends U Wisc for engineering and loves it. Best of luck!

Are you OOS for all three?

I am a high school senior, but I would say Purdue because they have the strongest engineering program. UI isn’t known for engineering in my opinion.

@underwhe what major is he thinking of? Iowa State is the strong engineering college in Iowa, not U of Iowa.
For computer science, I might pick U of Wisconsin, as its really strong in math/CS, but Purdue
has the best overall reputation and rank for all engineering including computer engineering and computer sciences.
Purdue may have slightly better job connections to the west coast and seems a little less isolated, in between Chicago and Indianapolis. Purdue is very strong for cybersecurity type CS, but U of Wisconsin is a bit stronger overall for computer science research, not necessarily the undergrad engineering programs however. Purdue test incoming freshman in math, to be sure they place into the right math class, and really good about holding the hand of freshman. Its a very organized program to get solid training in EE, ME and Chemical engineering as well as Aerospace is well regarded.