Engineering UVA or VCU

Son got accepted to UVA Engineering, as well as VCU Engineering, difference a $8000 per year award for 4 years from VCU. It makes it really difficult for us, especially as we have had a wonderful experience from UVA, where our oldest son is a graduate student. Can anybody offer some input? Advice? Things to consider to help us make the decision? What is the difference in the Engineering departements from the 2 schools? Difference in the eventual degrees? Thank You!

i would say overall, uva engineering is better. uva has a big stem career fair every year in September where all the big companies come out. one of my friend’s turned down a full ride at VCU to study BME at UVA too. what major is your son planning on studying? let me know if you have any questions! (I’m an engineering student at UVA too)

Is avoiding student debt important? Also, VCU has a very substantive engineering program as regards the bio-sciences. If you want to be a Mechanical Engineer, then perhaps UVA would be a better academic fit.