Engineering

<p>List most to least competitive "Engineering majors" in purdue</p>

<p>all of them to all of them</p>

<p>admittance to the college of engineering does not matter which engineering major you choose, and each major is still pretty hard and competitive.</p>

<p>biomedical seems to be the most competitive, as it is a newer concentration that a lot of kids want to get into, and it can be a precursor to med school. you also have to take additional entrance exams for it, and have an exceptionally high eai</p>

<p>Biomedical, Aeronautical and Astronautical, Mechanical
Those are the most competitive.</p>

<p>As whtstht said, Biomedical is probably the most competitive.</p>

<p>And, as john14ty66 said, they are all competitive, just some more than others.</p>

<p>Also, because you have to be accepted to FYE (First Year Engineering), it really doesn’t matter what you intend on majoring in. You are all in one applicant pool in the beginning.</p>

<p>Euhm, sleepandrun, what facts do you have to back up your statement that BME, AAE and ME are the most competitive?</p>

<p>How do you really measure competitiveness? Rate of acceptance? My understanding is that realistically, as long as you get the minimum GPA you’re in. The only exception is BME, but even they’re not that hard to get into (I know several friends who got wait-listed after their first year and then ended up getting in anyways, even if they didn’t have the GPA cut-off for BME)</p>

<p>BME, AAE, and ME don’t allow transfers into their programs. (I didn’t think of it until now, but that could be because of the program size.) Still, I was assuming, I suppose, that because they don’t allow transfers that they already have the groups of students “chosen” and “set.”</p>

<p>I was basing competitiveness off of the ability to join, but not acceptance (that only 1/2 makes sense). E.g. to transfer into Ag, you only need a 2.5, compared to Chem where you need a 3.3. Therefore, Chem is more competitive.</p>

<p>In order for Freshmen to get accepted into the different schools they have to have a specific EAI which is composed of the GPA from the courses required to graduate FYE. </p>

<p>Chemical and Mechanical both require a 2.7
ECE & AAE require 2.5
Everything else requires a 2.0</p>

<p>However, BME requires a test and an application process so it’s technically the hardest to get into. </p>

<p>Once you are in the majors it depends on competitiveness. Civil is probably the ‘easiest’ and Chemical, AAE and BioMed are probably some of the hardest.</p>