Engineering

<p>My questions is for any engineer that knows about the program or went there. I am just curious about the reputation of the engineering school here and also how easy is it to get a good job with a degree from here. My final question is if a great grad school, ie cambridge, mit, could be in the future of an engineer from here. I am looking at doing optical engineering. Thanks </p>

<p>Sent from my VS910 4G using CC App</p>

<p>Bumpp</p>

<p>Please helppp</p>

<p>Bumppp</p>

<p>UofA has one of the best Optical Engineering programs in the country. You should look up the rankings if you want. So if you wanna go Optical, this is probably the place to be. </p>

<p>As for if you can get into a Masters or PhD program at universities like Cambridge or MIT, that to be honest is entirely dependent on you. If you have a good GPA out of college with good employers on your resume and lots of other merits those schools would want you to have, then you get into those schools. I don’t think they look too much into what school you went to for undergrad, as long as it’s a credible public school, which UofA has been for years, you should be good. </p>

<p>Also, as someone whose in the AME dept., I can say that our particular department has good connections with corporate. We are constantly having speakers from Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed, etc. We get interviewing tips from them, sponsorships for our clubs, and so on. And it’s always good to be in touch with corporate, because they’re the ones who you will most likely be a prospective employee for in the future. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>I am heading into my final year of OSE, and Arizona is definitely world renowned for its optics department. It is definitely one of the more challenging majors however. The first really difficult semester for most people is spring of junior year, then fall of senior year (which I’m heading into) is just insane. Then it cools off for your final semester. Very cool stuff though with great job prospects due to how few universities offer it</p>

<p>If you graduate with a degree in optics from UA, you are basically guaranteed a high-salary job right out of college… Our optics program is perhaps the best in the country, and is very difficult just like any other engineering major. I am in aerospace engineering and our entire College of Engineering is solid, and as long as you do well, get involved in research, etc., you will be well on your way to impressing job recruiters and graduate schools. </p>