English Dept Graduate School

<p>My son is living out of the country and has very limited access to communication. He applied to 6 Grad schools in English. He has heard from most, but not Alabama. I called and asked if they had made their decisions and they said yes. He has received nothing. Has anyone else heard? She said they mail rejection letters, but, again, he has received nothing. Any info anyone has is appreciated. He has received offers from other schools and has a limited time to make a decision and wanted to know Alabama’s decision before choosing a school?</p>

<p>This is odd. did the person say to what address they sent the communication?</p>

<p>Have your son send an email to the grad school contact person.</p>

<p>Is your son an int’l or a citizen?</p>

<p>Director of Graduate Studies - English
Heather White
Office: 232 Morgan Hall
Phone: 205.348.9119
Email: <a href=“mailto:hwhite@bama.ua.edu”>hwhite@bama.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>If your son can’t send an email, ask him if you can send one in his name.</p>

<p>No, he is just working out of the country and has virtually no access to internet. Other friends of his have heard from Alabama regarding their Grad school decisions, but they were in other departments, not English. I called on his behalf, but for privacy reasons they could not give details to anyone but the actual applicant. They were very nice. They said decisions had been made and he should have heard by now. I confirmed that they also mailed rejection letters and was told they had been mailed as well. She said sometimes they hold back some applications that are on the borderline to fill possible slots of students that declined their acceptance, but that she thought they had been “cleared up” as well. He has received some good offers with graduate assistantships and has only 10 days to accept or reject. He just wants to get an actual letter from everywhere he applied before he makes a final decision. When I get the chance to talk to him again we will try to get an email through. Just don’t understand why he has heard nothing.</p>