English Major: UCI v UCD v UCSD v UCLA

<p>Out of the above four, which would be the best one to go to for an english major?</p>

<p>and also, could someone possibly give me statistics to back this up?</p>

<p>thanks in advance.</p>

<p>no stats, but i've heard ucla has a great humanities program overall. ucsd is better for science/social science. similarly, i think uci is strong in humanities/arts, and ucd is strong in biology related programs. so probably ucla or uci if you're set to be an english major, but ucsd before uci if you're going for prestige.</p>

<p>go to UCLA! b/c ucsd is mainly a science/ biological science school</p>

<p>Actually, UCSB or UCR might be better choices for you if you want to focus on creative writing, which those schools are good for (creative writing is a major at UCSB/UCR).</p>

<p>Either UCSB or UCLA would be a good choice for humanities junkies, heh. :)</p>

<p>UCI (no evidence but as an English major considering the schools) has the best creative writing program out of the schools. They have several best selling authors teaching in the program. If you go to UCI's English department homepage, you'll find all of their rankings. Of course, you can never go wrong with UCLA</p>

<p>I've also heard the the UCI creative major program is really nice. It's the onlt UC program that was featured in a book that I read and B & N.</p>

<p>I've heard good things about UCI's creative writing program, but I also hear UCLA is good for humanities. The best program I found in the UC system (for me at least), however, is the literature major at UCSB through the college of creative studies. It looks amazing. :)</p>

<p>UCLA is ranked 10th for humanities in the US rankings. A runner up, in my opinion, would be UCI. UCSD is the lopsided science giant, so it might not be anywhere near a good choice for English, and I seriously don't know enough about UCD to comment.</p>