English/Philosophy

<p>How are Purdue's English and philosophy programs? Also, is double majoring easy or difficult?</p>

<p>Not too sure about the first question...but I can sort of answer the second. Double majoring can be easy or difficult, depending on what you've done before college, and what you want to major in. </p>

<p>If both majors are under the same school/department, it can be relatively easy because there might be a chance that the courses required overlap. However, if you want to double major in something like Pre-Pharmacy and Psychology, that's really difficult because you have to fulfill the core requirements of both schools while taking courses that do not overlap with each other. Taking AP/IB before college might help you gain credit for a few freshman-level courses, so you could pull off a double major even if the majors are classified under two different schools. Or if you really want to, double major anyway and graduate one year later than those with a single major.</p>

<p>I was planning to double major in Pre-Pharmacy and Psychology, but after I found out that I needed to complete the School of Liberal Arts' core syllabus (that doesn't overlap with the School of Pharmacy's syllabus at all) I gave up. I would be in college for 7 years if I double majored.</p>