English Proficiency

<p>I am a natvie chinese speaker, i have lived in the US for 6 years now.
Purdue application has a section where it shows what they received from you, English Proficiency is missing from me?
What is that? How do i get that?</p>

<p>yea.. I have same question..
I submitted everything.. except English Proficiency (I'm not sure what that is..)
I have to turn in everything in by Nov 15th which is this Saturday..
Is this mean I have to take toefl? (I never took it before.. I took ACT..)</p>

<p>The TOEFL is required for admissions. A score 550/213/79 is required in order to apply, or 570/230/88 for engineering.</p>

<p>International</a> Students and Scholars: Application Process for more</p>

<p>but I'm not international..
I'm permanent resident..
and I got higher than 20 on the English section of the ACT..
I thought I don't have to take toefl if my ACT English score is higher than 20..</p>

<p>In that case, I would email <a href="mailto:admissions@purdue.edu">admissions@purdue.edu</a></p>

<p>Sorry, I don't have an answer for you on this one.</p>

<p>me too, i have the same question.</p>

<p>yeah i emailed them yesterday but they didnt say anything.
weird.
i got 530 on CR and 630 on Writing. Its good enough for english. Im not international. weird.</p>

<p>Did anyone get the answer to this? I'm interested.</p>

<p>Yeah, I wanna know, too...</p>

<p>call and ask purdue</p>

<p>i have the same problem... i thought green card holders dont need to take TOEFL. who could help us?!?!</p>

<p>green card here too and i emailed them and they told me that you will be treated as a citizen if you have your green card. and the english proficiency is just what they use to determine your...english proficiency. i think it was in the 20s for ACT english and i believe 400 something for SAT...not sure but i remember a webpage that said that. but purude still says that they haven't received mine yet.</p>

<p>ipam is ur name jack? please tell me.</p>

<p>english for ACT means the reading section or the english section?</p>

<p>English Proficiency is needed to prove that you can speak and understand the English language unless you are form a country were English is the official language.
example England, Ireland etc. The tests that are accepted are TOEFL in which you need a score of 79 or above or 88 or above for Engineering. We also accept SAT scores of the Verbal/Critical reading section of 480 or above. IELTS with a score of 6.5 or above. ACT a score of 20 or above in the English.
from email of admissions they reply to me.</p>

<p>if they mean ACT English section then I am good, because i didnt get above 20 on my ACT Reading section</p>

<p>anyone?? ugh, theres still nothing on the english proficiency test section</p>

<p>anyone got this problem solved yet?</p>

<p>i had this problem with another school, so i called that school up. the guy that answered said that (for that particular school) he couldn't change the status, only the admissions counselor could. so then i had to email the admission counselor to tell him the situation and he changed it for me :D the whole chain took less than an hour, i think.</p>

<p>so yeah, just call purdue about it and i'm sure they'll do the same. well actually, purdue is pretty behind on stuff and they're not very good at picking up the phone... but give it a try anyways!</p>

<p>what is their admission counselor number? and i also have the same problem on my osu app. ugh</p>