Enrolling for a full TCU Calculus 1 Class

<p>I am a newly admitted student to TCU and I will be majoring in engineering entering the fall semester of 2012. I will be a freshman and so I am fairly new to signing up for classes, so any help from current students or administrators would be greatly appreciated. For engineering I have to take the 10524 Calculus 1 class, but in order to enroll in the class I need to pass an online placement test offered by TCU or send in my Calculus AB AP score of a 3 or higher. The problem I am having is that the AP score will not be available to me until July 1, at which time I can learn my score over the phone and then have to figure out a way to prove to TCU that I achieved a score of a 3 or higher. (If anyone can help me with figuring out how to send in that AP score as soon as possible that would be highly appreciated as well). The problem though is that the online placement test takes about a week to be processed and allow me to register for the 10524 class, assuming I pass the online placement test which should be no problem. So my main concern is that the class time that I would like will fill up for the 10524 Calculus class before I can prove that I am qualified to take that course and I will have to settle for a different time period in the day, making my schedule very scattered and not at all what I would like. Does any current student or administrator have a suggestion for how I can solidify my place in my desired time period class? There is no option to be put on the wait list</p>

<p>I believe there is no option for the wait list since there are still some students that have not attended the upcoming orientation dates. What you could do is email the Dean and explain your situation, then ask for a permission number. Although the class says full on the search, it really is not full - spots are being held for other students (usually around 4 each orientation).</p>

<p>TCU opens some spaces the day of each orientation session for many classes. Students change schedules throughout the summer and spots may open. If all else fails email the prof. and see if he will add you to the class, he will give you a permission code. Don’t worry it all works out.</p>