enrollment at tech

<p>In spite of the tragedy at Virginia Tech, do you think this will affect future enrollment at the university?</p>

<p>I am not asking this question in order to aid with my decision of whether I should attend VT or not. I was accepted to VT as a transfer student prior to this incident, and still plan on attending this upcoming fall. I do apologize in advance if anyone feels that this is not the right time to be asking this question. I don't mean to offend anyone, and just like the rest of the nation, I am deeply saddened by the tragedy.</p>

<p>I think in some aspects it will ffect enrollment. I don't think anyone denies that shootings can happen on any campus, so it's not necessarily because of the shooting themselves, I think that allot of concern for people will be wether or not the response to the shooting by the school officials were appropriate especially with the record this individual had. The professors were highly concerned and it seems like they were not taken serious enough. Those types of issues are what may influence people's decisions.</p>