ESPN Roll Tide Commercial

<p>Shot in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham…</p>

<p>The grocery store was Sumner’s Grocery in Holt, the school was Holt Elementary School, the restaurant was Rammer Jammer by the Bryant-Denny Stadium, and the cemetery was Tuscaloosa Memorial Park on Skyland near Walmart. Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.</p>

<p>^feenotype, how did you know where they were shot? i mean if a commercial were shot where i live, i wouldnt recognize the places necessarily…</p>

<p>btw are you a bio major? i just said your user name out loud, and i was wondering about that…</p>

<p>Rama Jama’s (not Rammer Jammer as I earlier wrote) was pretty recognizable. The rest were mentioned in the news.</p>

<p>And I was an engineering major. My username is a relic of six years ago.</p>

<p>We are from Maryland & they are playing the commercial up here, too! Also being sold here in Maryland at “Forever 21” & “Dick’s Sporting Goods” are Alabama sweatshirts … my D says it is a sign. Also heard from a neighbor at a Christmas party, when they asked my D where she wanted to go (and she said Alabama, of course!), that they heard Alabama was the hot new school for kids out here in the Mid-Atlantic states.</p>

<p>* they heard Alabama was the hot new school for kids out here in the Mid-Atlantic states. *</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Dr. Witt and Dr. Sharpe should hear about this.</p>

<p>there’s a kid at my school who wears an alabama sweatshirt …i need to find out who he is :)</p>

<p>I make a point to say Roll Tide to anyone I see wearing an Alabama shirt. I’ve also gotten quite a few Roll Tides this month while traveling and met a few Auburn fans too.</p>

<p>I know that UA is has become very popular on CC and am glad to hear that word is spreading around the country about the opportunities available at UA.</p>

<p>I live in Central Ohio. Clearly, we live in Buckey territory! </p>

<p>I am a sales rep for products sold in many Big Box store Electronics Departments. Last week I heard the ROLL-TIDE commercial playing on the wall of TV’s inside a Kmart store. Without even considering my surroundings or the number of shoppers near by, I responded…" Roll-Tide!". </p>

<p>I could not be any prouder to be associated with UA! </p>

<p>In a separate incident: </p>

<p>This past April, my husband and I were on a Cruise. My husband had his Bama hat on near the pool deck. Someone on the deck above called out “Roll-Tide!”. Later that day, we met up with four UA Alumni. It was lots of fun.</p>

<p>My son and I did some grocery shipping today. A gentleman saw I was wearing an Alabama shirt and asked if we were from there (we live in VA). No, but my son explained he was a student there. The gentleman used to live in the Birmingham suburbs. Yeah, the conversation concluded with a “Roll Tide.” </p>

<p>BTW, it’s not the first time that I’ve been stopped in the grocery store. One Saturday morning, a lady asked if I had any direct connection to Alabama. Turns out her daughter also attends the school, and the family lives about 20 minutes from us. Talk about small world.</p>

<p>At the Pennsylvania high school where D takes violin lessons, she and H noticed a teacher wearing an Alabama sweatshirt as he took tickets for a school dance. When H asked him if he went to Bama, the teacher replied that he’s Penn State through and through; in fact, his father was a varsity letterman at Penn State. However, his father always liked Paul Bryant and other than Penn State, he’s a huge Alabama fan. He ended with a booming “ROLL TIDE,” his voice carrying down the hallway.</p>

<p>a former bio teacher at my school went to the university of alabama. he was born there, spent his childhood there…it’s a small world indeed</p>

<p>my grandmother from abroad gave me this shirt from the local polo club in my area …somehow it got across the ocean, ended up in her hands, and got back to within 10 miles of its source!</p>

<p>Hey Sig…</p>

<p>uhh…hi? haha :)</p>

<p>^ Roll Tide :)</p>

<p>Love this commercial!!! Actually ended an interview my freshman year at co-op day with “Roll Tide!” Despite the fact that one interviewer was, I believe, an Auburn alum, I still got an offer :)</p>

<p>Like it.
But, what is co-op day?</p>

<p>I believe she is referring to Co-Op Interview Day.</p>

<p>[Cooperative</a> Education at The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://coop.eng.ua.edu/iday.html]Cooperative”>http://coop.eng.ua.edu/iday.html)</p>

<p>Yep, that is indeed what I am referring to. Happens once a semester, and the engineering department makes a big deal out of it. A lot of students get jobs out of it. I did it for the interview experience even though I was not big on co-oping.
But all that aside, Roll Tide is indeed an all purpose phrase. When you have nothing else to say in response to something, “Roll Tide!”</p>

<p>Sons’ professor told us this over the weekend. (May be old so I apologize in advance)!</p>

<p>How do pirates who are rabid Bama fans greet one another?</p>

<p>Argh, T, Argh - (Translation - Roll, Tide, Roll)</p>