Essay format messed up when printing...HELP!

<p>We followed all the directions for copying/pasting the essay from a text document (which was originally saved from a Word document). When we viewed the app before submitting, the essays all looked OK on the screen. However, when we printed it out, the essay formats were all messed up, so we didn't submit anything yet. Did anyone else have this problem? What did you do about it?</p>

<p>If it put a lot of weird and unnecessary punctuation marks (especially ?'s), leave it like that... it's supposed to happen. It's just how the system works.
If something different happened, call.
Good luck!</p>

<p>My son's looked messed up too. Lines and paragraphs were truncated wrong, and I think it inserted some odd characters (or left them out) here and there. I read somewhere on their website that the formatting program does that, and not to worry about it. So, don't worry about it. :)</p>

<p>(and he got in!)</p>

<p>Lines and paragraphs were truncated, but there were no odd characters inserted. Their instructions warned about the odd characters when the essays are copied/pasted from a Word document (without adding the text document step to the process). I guess I'll call them Monday....kind of wanted to get it over with already, but waiting another 2 days won't matter much. Thanks for your replies.</p>

<p>that's exactly what happened to me. I emailed them and they just told me to explain what happened and to send a corrected version to the UW admissions via email.</p>

<p>Good idea....thanks.</p>