Essay prompts for UFE & CBHP? IHP?

<p>I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to share this year’s UFE and CBHP essay prompts.</p>

<p>My son doesn’t want to submit the UHP honors essay . . . only to find out afterwards that that’s the essay he should have used for one of the UFE or CBHP prompts! But, of course, the UFE and CBHP prompts don’t become available until the UHP essay is submitted. So, any help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>And what happened to the International Honors Program? I’m not finding any reference to it in current descriptions of the UA honors programs. Has it been discontinued, or am I just not looking in the right place?</p>

<p>I don’t have the promps.</p>

<p>I think IHP has been blended into UHP, but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, the UFE essay is quite a bit longer than the one for UHP. It would be fine to submit the UHP essay and then expand upon it if it fits for UFE. Good luck!</p>

<p>While they call it an “essay” for the honors app, it is really not necessary to write what most consider to be a college essay for the UHP. Entrance to honors is entirely based on stats and grades, and the writing is not used for admission, but rather to allow them to learn a little bit more about the student. Having said that, DO your best effort on UFE and/or CBHP which are HIGHLY selective. Do not stress at all about the UHP 1st essay.</p>

<p>My D applied a couple years ago, so I don’t have the prompts from the past year. However, the UHP essay doesn’t require much - it’s more to introduce yourself than anything else. My D’s UHP essay wasn’t more than a few sentences. I can’t imagine using the same essay for UHP and CBH or UFE. As for IHP, I don’t think it exists as a separate program anymore.</p>

<p>The essay prompt for CBHP this year is:</p>

<p>What do you consider to be the top five personal/professional attributes that a researcher must possess? Please provide a description of each of these attributes and provide an example, if applicable, of how you embody each attribute. Also, describe what role research will play in your future career.</p>

<p>(Please note there is a 3900 character limit on the essay.)</p>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your help - I really appreciate it!!!</p>

<p>UFE prompts</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Write an essay about yourself, your college and career goals, and the way in which you expect the University Fellows Experience to enrich your academic experience at The University of Alabama.</p></li>
<li><p>The University Fellows Experience is a community of elite scholars from diverse disciplines including accounting, biology, engineering, history, journalism, political science, social work, and studio art; yet, the Fellows share a similar purpose in that they are committed to the greater good. Fellows are fueled by passion, and inspire passion in others. </p></li>
</ol>

<p>Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution, or experience in your life that exemplifies this definition of a Fellow.</p>

<p>Thank you, NaperMom!</p>