Essay Topic C?

<p>I'm wondering if essay topic c is for scholarships or if it is for better chances at being admitted. I want to apply for mechanical engineering.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Essay Topic C is primarily used for scholarship applicants and review applicants (those who don’t qualify for auto-admit statuses). Even if you don’t want or need to write it, you should write it anyway and save it for other applications, especially for universities that require you to write that additional essay (or for outside scholarships).</p>

<p>Keep in mind that auto-admits make up more than 50% of A&M’s admissions (that’s both 10% admits and academic admits).</p>

<p>At tamu new student conference, reps said that for texas a&m class of 2016, 59% of incoming freshmen are top 10% admits and 18% are auto academic admits. 23% are review admits. So, it is much more competitve. If u r review admit, it is recommended to do essay C. BUT if u do not want to essay C, submit an awesome resume and very strong essays A and B. Strong as in going above and beyond on ur essays. U r an auto academic admit if u are ranked between top 11-25% of ur class and have a 1300/1600 SAT (Math + Read) or 30 ACT composite.</p>

<p>I think Essay C is worth the time and you will likely be able to use it again on other applications.</p>

<p>Regarding auto academic admit, if your school does not rank do they make the determination based just on SAT/ACT?</p>