Establishing California Residency for Tuition purposes

I know what you mean, but it is a harder choice when it comes with “under penalty of perjury” check box right under the question… (he saw no way of reinterpreting the sentence).

We surely won’t want until midnight to submit (the form had been ready for a few days other than this checkbox I asked him to hold on). Thanks for your suggestion!

Comment deleted since it did not pertain to OP.

I don’t know what documentation you’re referring to?

I hesitated to post this before because I really think the situation is clear that you ARE residents, but if it’ll help your son feel better about checking the box, he should call the campus residence deputy for the school he’s thinking about applying to and ask them. Their phones might be busy today, so if he’s applying to multiple schools, pick the one that gets the fewest applications (or call around until someone picks up).

2 Likes

Sorry,
I got you mixed up with another poster which required documentation from UCSD regarding their CA Residency.

1 Like

No problem, I know you’re helping many people. Thanks!

1 Like

Agree. Ask to speak to a staffer, not a student.

1 Like

It was too late to call last night, so we just submitted the form after dinner. We answered NO as the form suggested, and felt relieved we did on time… Thanks for the help!

So, we submitted the form last night by checking “NO” to the question:

Has Parent 2 been physically present in California for the last 3 years?
If they have worked outside of California during the last 3 years, or they were out of California for more than 6 weeks in the last year , you should answer “No"

I want to thank everyone here for taking time to answer my question. :heart:

Do let us know if any UCs ask your S to prove residency. Good luck to him!

2 Likes

Hi, were you able to get your son classified as resident for tuition purposes?