Establishing wisconsin residency for an IL.

<p>I am an IL resident.
I have been accepted to UW and U of IL. I like UW better but until I would establish residency there is $16,000 difference per year.
I know that at the minimum I need to live there one year to being to appeal being a Wis resident. So at the minimum UW will be $16,000 or more if cant be a resident.</p>

<p>Anyone estblish residency after one year? How? Should I just go to U of IL for my biochem major?</p>

<p>You would have to move there and work for at least a year without school. Very tough to do.</p>

<p>yeah, you would have to take a year off and live there...there are many ways to pay for college though so if your in love with wisconsin go, take out loans, work your ass off, get a good job, and spend a few years paying them off.</p>

<p>You would have to move to the state where you want to establish residency - and be there for at least 1 year - depends state to state - fulfill ALL the residency reqirements - prior to applying to the school again - which can actually take up to 2 years in some places - and they could still deny you residency as far as in-state tuition - believe it or not. </p>

<p>If you were to apply as an in-state and be in need of any financial help or support - the school could still require records back 2-3 years of you and your parents. They would still want info from where you graduated from high school and where taxes have been paid. They can prove that you moved to the state ONLY for the reasons of attending their school as an in-state.</p>

<p>The only way to really change status to another state is if the parent/parents themselves move to that state and pay taxes there. Since you have already been accepted in another state - you will have NO chance of changing your status to in-state in that state - unless your family also moves there.</p>

<p>You would also have to be COMPLETELY self supporting/independant while trying to establish residency in another state - no help/support from family, etc.....</p>