Estimate your admissions decision from UCSD

<p>add a small amount to the cutoffs from this year to get a new estimate for 2010</p>

<p>team leader = 0 points</p>

<p>citywide competition = 0 points</p>

<p>sorry</p>

<p>according to: UCSD</a> Freshman Comprehensive Review Process (Dec 2004) it should be worth something right?..... citywide I mean</p>

<p>would 100 pts would be considered small?</p>

<p>Yeah, think that would be 150 points after reflecting. Assuming it is not a small town or something but a reasonable sized, major city.</p>

<p>thanks to superscore how far do u think it will increase though?</p>

<p>so how do you convert a ACT score to the equivalent SAT score to use under under this point system?</p>

<p>^^^ [SAT-ACT</a> Conversion chart](<a href=“http://www.spartanburg6.k12.sc.us/dhs/Guidance%20website/SAT-ACT%20Conversion%20chart.html]SAT-ACT”>http://www.spartanburg6.k12.sc.us/dhs/Guidance%20website/SAT-ACT%20Conversion%20chart.html)</p>

<p>I was second chair oboist in a county-wide honor band and am co-principal in a prestigious regional youth orchestra (includes all of Bay Area). Also, I won a American Band Director’s Association Award, which is national. Do I even qualify for points for these items, let alone the full amount?</p>

<p>Also, do they take how long you’ve done something like president of a club into consideration, or do they just look at if you’ve done it at all?</p>

<p>What are some life altering events or trauma? </p>

<p>My parents both lost there jobs this year (my junior year) kind of affected my spending (Both hopefully, both get them back in a few weeks), etc… Also, my Sophomore year my mom had surgery on her ear, where she was really sick, kind of affected me a bit. Would I get any points for such events?</p>

<p>Also…</p>

<p>I took an SAT course and a CC Course my sophomore summer and a Pre-Collegiate Berkley Class at UCB, does that give me 150 points?</p>

<p>Does anyone know if being a qualifier for the U.S. National Chemistry Olympiad test would earn any points under awards? Or National Merit Commended/Semi-Finalist?</p>

<p>it should for a 150 apeice…</p>

<p>Will paid work experience get any points? I worked as a private tutor, lifeguard and swim instructor. My dad (sole bread earner) was out of job for over a year, can I get any personal challenge points? Thanks.</p>

<p>wait so if I have one leadership position that counts as 150?</p>

<p>Ok here are my estimates:</p>

<p>UC GPA: 3.57 (3570)
Tests: ACT 28 (converted to 1860), SAT II Lit 510, SAT II Math 2 640 (*.8) (2408)
ELC: (0)
UC a-g requirement: 46 classes…(500)
Low Income: (0)
Volunteer hours: greater than 200 (300)
First Generation: (300)
Leadership: VP of Christian Club, Senior Leadership Team (not sure if any points here…)
Achievements: Name published on map for work done for local Water Agency. (not sure if any points here either…)
Hardship: younger sister died of cancer. (500)</p>

<p>Total: 7578</p>

<p>I retook my SAT II’s and am hoping for better scores. Not expecting any points under leadership or achievements, but is it possible that I can meet the point threshold?? Thanks.</p>

<p>Try taking ACT again, yes your leadership pts are 150… and dude… the cutoff is barely going to pass 7800 so you can make it with some work.</p>

<p>Is it possible to get the 500 points for personal?</p>

<p>Yes, you can get 500 points for a major event such as a death of a parent or sibling, etc and you can get 250 if it was a less serious event, but still a significant hardship.</p>

<p>for academic preparation there are a bunch of programs like EAOP and such that award points.</p>

<p>i attended an educational program called Kumon for about 7 years… would this give me fulll 300 pts?</p>

<p>If you noticed that the cutoff 2 years ago was a random number like 7784. This proves that they don’t usually give one or the other with the points (i.e. 100 vs 150 vs 200 etc.) Those are just approximations. To get the max points it has to really fulfill that category. This of course doesn’t include the SAT/GPA scores which are calculated mathematically.</p>