ETAM

I’m a high school senior and I’m planning on majoring in computer science. I have been admitted to college of engineering. I’m a little stressed out because of the ETAM. in TAMU website, there is a part stating,“It is important that you thoroughly evaluate your major choices and rankings as you will not have the option to decline an offer to a major listed on your application.” Let’s say computer science is my first choice major and Nuclear engineering is the second choice major and let’s assume I don’t get accepted into computer science but I get accepted in to Nuclear engineering. Does this mean that I have to go to Nuclear engineering? Is it not possible to decline the offer to the second choice major and stay in general engineering and apply again the next semester? Also, what if I don’t get accepted into any of the majors in my application?
I really appreciate any help.

@sasanlotfi

You are correct. If you are accepted into a major, which you listed on your application, then you cannot decline that offer of major and that is the major you will be placed in.

The only time you can decline a major you are offered is if you are offered a major that you did not list on your application.

If you don’t get accepted into any of the majors you applied to, some majors will offer you placement. You can accept one of those offered to you or turn those offers down, stay in engineering and apply etam again. You would of course, do this with the assistance of your advisor. NEVER make big decisions without advisor guidance. Things are always changing in the ENGR college and you want the most current advise, not what some well meaning person told you that was pertinent a year ago but irrelevant now.