Ethnic Students?

<p>Is true that purdue regards ones ethnicty as an important aspect? thats what it says on princeton review...i'm persian/turkish btw and am applying to liberal arts for political science</p>

<p>I know many, many schools value diversity…and Purdue probably does, too. I’m sure ethnicity cannot be the sole factor in admissions, however. If you haven’t applied, you definitely should!</p>

<p>When I visited Purdue, I saw that it was pretty diverse. They probably want to build a diverse background. I know when I visited I saw a pretty diverse group of kids. And it really depends on what program you go to for how diverse it is. So I really don’t think ethnicity could hurt you.</p>

<p>On the surface their is a lot of diversity of Purdue, but after been for almost a full semester I find that not to be the case. Purdue has the 3rd Number of Internationals of all schools in the US. But they tend to stick together, us minorities who grew up in the US tend to feel isolated to a certain extent until we find a group of friends. Coming from the east coast everyone told me the difference of people in the Midwest but I quite did not realize it till I got here. Everyone is really nice and goes out of the way to help, the pace of life is a lot slower and people in general more content with life, then back in Jersey. </p>

<p>As for your question about diversity I can not seeing it hurt or help you in the Purdue admissions process.</p>