Evaluation System and Law Schools

<p>My DS is very interested in Hampshire, but we have questions as to how the narrative transcript plays with law schools that are comparing the GPA's of applicants. Has anyone had any experience with that?</p>

<p>Law school admission is FAR more numbers (gpa/LSAT) driven than college admission - - especially if one is intereted in T14 (top 14) law schools. Still, I’m sure a narrative transcript from Brown is not ninderance (but Hamp is not Brown . . .).</p>

<p>Momtoace, I would pose this question to admissions and/or career services. Please let us know what they say.</p>

<p>Fine to ask admissions, but I can’t imagine an adcom admitting that any aspect of the program put students at a disadvantage. OTOH, I do recall when D2 visited, adcom explained that Hamp students take more off-campus classes than do students at the other near-by schools (Amherst, Smith, MHC and UMass) at least in part b/c having grades is helpful when students apply to grad school. </p>

<p>(Adcom actually said something like, good to have transcript showing that student earned an “A” at Amherst/Smith/MHC - - which is true, but (1) not every student earns an “A” and (2) the graded coursed from other schools don’t mean that the Hamp student would be an “A” student at school where s/he took the graded course.)</p>