Every Move Counts ChessED Project

<p>Does anyone know anything about this UH course? Is it a graded course? What type of work is involved beyond working at the schools? Is there transportation provided to the schools? Does it really count as a 3CR Humanities course (towards Core Requirements?)</p>

<p>My son is taking the class this fall. I haven’t asked him if it was graded but he seems to be enjoying it so far, and yes, he will get 3 credits for it. They meet twice a week for class, which involves planning lessons and learning how to teach chess. Then they go Mon. and Wed. afternoons from 3-4:00, (I think) to work with the kids. My son does not have a car but one of his friends taking the class does so he rides with him. I don’t think there is transportation available if you don’t have a car, but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>I didn’t realize it was a class, thought it was just a club but had asked about the transportation on this during our visit on Monday. We were told that they use carpools to get the kids who do not have cars there.</p>