Everyone who got in please post your gpa

<p>I was accepted two years ago with the following (estimated, I forget exact numbers)</p>

<p>~8.0/12.0 GPA
950 SAT</p>

<p>I was accepted to the school of technology and I'm currently on track to graduate in two years. My college GPA has been a steady 3.0 - better than I did in high school. Seriously, Purdue is not that hard to get into.</p>

<p>3.56 GPA (UW)
2060 SAT
35 ACT
Top 20%
Engineering</p>

<p>11.9/12.0
2340 SAT
34 ACT
valedictorian
AG. Biochem</p>

<p>I have a 4.3 out of 4.0 GPA (AP classes), I'm in the top 5% of my class, and my SAT score is 1955.</p>

<p>Purdue admitted me to the school of science, my second choice.</p>

<p>I was turned down for admission to pre-pharmacy because my "academic credentials were not competitive".</p>

<p>I wanted a BS in Pharma Science , not a PharmD.</p>

<p>IU gave me a $12000 dean's scholarship.</p>

<p>my son got accepted to business school with a 3.5 weighted gpa --and very good ECs. (including being captain of the school sailing team which finished 10th in the state of California last year--his sailing partner from last year is currently at MIT)</p>

<p>SATs: 560 V/700 M/ 580 W</p>

<p>i'm just copying what i wrote for another thread...</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I: 670R/740M/630W 2040 total
[</em>] SAT IIs: MathII 780; Chemistry 760; USHistory 720
[<em>] ACT: 34
[</em>] GPA: 4.89, 3.95 unweighted
[<em>] Rank: 4/572
[</em>] Other stats: AP Chem (5), AP US Hist (4), taking AP Physics, AP Calc BC, AP English, and AP Spanish
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Essays: I'm not the best writer, but I tried to present the true me (it sounds cliche, but it was better in writing. I swear.)
[</em>] Extracirriculars: Speech & Debate (3 years, varsity+ officer, state-level debate, national alternate); NHS (3 years, secretary, director of multiple fundraisers); Academic Team (4 years, varsity, conference champs); Band, Marching Band, Clarinet (4 years, went to Midwest Clinic, Semis at Grand Nationals, state contest every year)
[<em>] Teacher Recs: n/a
[</em>] Counselor Rec: He's the father of one of my best friends. It worked out well.
[<em>] Hook (if any): Woman in engineering, active leadership, lived in many places (Finland, NY, etc.)
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[</em>] State or Country: Ohio
[<em>] School Type: Public
[</em>] Ethnicity: Asian (go figure)
[<em>] Gender: Female
[</em>] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses: strengths (academic vigor, leadership, well-rounded, dedicated, ACTs, SATIIs); weaknesses (SAT score, no sports, writing skills)
[li] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied: Impressive courseload with many extracurriculars; well-rounded student with many interests (science nerd who loves public speaking...); leadership positions; active involvement; high ACT score[/li][/ul]Other Factors:
General Comments/ Congratulations/ Venting/ Commiserations,etc: Congrats to everybody who has been accepted! I wish Purdue had given me more money, though. I doubt I'll be able to go =(</p>

<p>congratulations!</p>

<p>why not Purdue?</p>

<p>you are too good for purdue.</p>

<p>oh i just noticed you are not a male. </p>

<p>you know, when i see someone talking about Purdue, I just assume the person is a male.</p>

<p>come to NYU if you applied there and got accepted.</p>

<p>I could... uh...tour you ;)</p>

<p>why not Purdue? They gave me 14k over four years. 5k my frist year and 3k every year subsequently. That's not a lot considering Purdue will cost me like 32k.</p>

<p>I thought about applying to NYU, but I don't think I could see myself there. I grew up in NYC but I just don't like NYU's campus (what campus??) I applied to Columbia, though! I'm considering NYU for MBA.</p>

<p>Trace is right; you're too good for Purdue. Esp. with that chincy scholarship.</p>

<p>2010//4.0uw//full-ride for 4 years
aiming for htm dpt. or krannerts if i go.</p>

<p>2100sat/3.8gpa
got into purdue
also got into cornell</p>

<p>where to go where to go...</p>

<p>yesforcollege,
When did you here from Cornell? I thought they wern't giving notices till the end of March.</p>

<p>just wondering ... everyone's stat is so high... my friend... must be a fluke or smth.. gpa (weighted) 2.8 Sat (3 parts) 1470... got in..my another friend... gpa (weighted) 3.0 SAT (3 parts) 1610 ... got into business...</p>

<p>it's not a fluke. getting into colleges and universities aren't all about gpas and sat scores. if you happen to have seen purdue's admissions stats, the percentage of "smart" high school students accepted isn't very high. could be chance.. not fluke. fluke would be like a high school failure going to stanford.</p>

<p>i heard from Cornell last month. i believe the admissions decisions are just.. rolling, plantree.. or.. at least i think they are.</p>

<p>ED, bad fin aid</p>

<p>i didn't even apply for fin aid from Cornell :( only fafsa.</p>

<p>krannert - 3.6uw</p>